What did you say?

Okay, so one more thing! You know when you hear your kids talk, you get used to what they say, even though the pronunciation isn't right? Well, one day Melanie was at the neighbor's house playing with their girls and they wanted to watch a movie and so they found the one they wanted and went to ask the mother. Melanie starts talking rather excitedly and loudly "I want to watch the titty show, I want to watch the titty show!" The mother looks confused and asks what she wants to watch again and Melanie says she wants to watch the "titty show". Finally she realizes that she wants to watch the "kitty" show, not the "titty" show! It was the Aristocats movie!

Last week while I was at Enrichment, David was home with a friend, who isn't married, from work and they were working on their laptops on the kitchen table. So Melanie calls down to David's friend to see if he wants to see her "titty". This guy gets all embarrassed and isn't quite sure how to respond. Well she runs to her room and brings out her big, stuffed, gray... "kitty"! Phew!!! We need to work on that word a little more I can see!

Comments

Mikaela said…
Okay, that's hilarious! I can imagine the look on that single guy's face...and I know that my sister Nichole's little boy was saying "titty" for kitty last summer too, so I'm sure it's common....if I could get my kid to say mom or dad, I'd be happy, so be glad yours can at least say titty!
Kids do say the funniest things some times don’t they. I look forward to the day when Carter starts to talk. I feel for David’s friend. Alan
Hey Kira! Can I borrow a movie? No, no, I will find it. Just go in the kitchen while I dig through your movie collection.....

That is pretty funnny. I remember Blair Floyd not being able to say her S's and instead using F sounds, and uncle Randall having fun with that.
Randall:"Hey Blair, do you want a sucker?"
Blair:"Yes! I want a %ucker!"
Pam:"Randall! Would you stop doing that!"
5dollarFanatic said…
so funny- Whitney used to have a difficult time with her s's they would sound like sh's so whenever she said sit....you can just imagine. Kids really take the dullness out of life.
Shanae said…
LOL!!! that is so funny. It is true you just get use to hearing your children say certain things even though no one else understands them, WE DO!!! The joys of motherhood!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS