How close have you been to a Prophet?

David, and two other guys he works with, were invited to the Jazz game last Friday night. I have come to find out as a construction wife, to get business, you gotta play A LOT!

Here is a short list, not limited to, of what I mean by "play":



Golfing (about 3 times a week-depending on the week and in warm weather of course)




Snow skiing (about 2 times a week, again this depends on the week and when there's snow)


Fancy dinners (this can also be counted as lunch, which happens more than I know I'm sure!)





Executive Retreats (this will be happening in February for about 5 days in AZ, which will have all 5 days full of golfing, guaranteed!!)





Jazz games (again, when in season)






I don't know about you, but I think I'm in the wrong career!! This house wife things just does not include ANY of those benefits!!

Anyway, on with the story at the Jazz game...

These weren't just ordinary tickets. Where do executives and people in high places sit? Oh yeah, the box seats! So of course some smooshing (sp?) going on to David and his friends by the people who invited them, spread of food (a.k.a. eat as much free food in the 2 1/2 hour game as you can), theatre style seating. So, also enjoying all of that fun in the next box over, minus the smooshing, sat President Monson with his family!! Yep, David could see him right through the clear glass, suit and all!! David's friend did ask the body guards outside of the box if he could get a picture with Pres. Monson, or shake his hand. But they said if he did that then he'd be there for an hour. At the end of the game, Pres. Monson took off running out of the stadium with his body guards. David's friend waved to Pres. Monson as he was running and yelled "Pres. Monson, love you!" Pres. Monson turned and waved as he was running and said back, "thank you!".
So my question to you-how close have you been to a prophet?
I think I'll now go and finish cleaning my "castle".

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Hey Im been trying to call you! But yeah, great times! Im all ready for Juan to be able to maybe do things like that! He has just never had any opportunities like that! That would be everything to him. But hey do you remember when we were at the "collosium" in tri-cities and we got to talk to L. Tom Perry? Yeah! Because dad was his little security person? totally cool! And when dad was security at the temple dedication for the columbia river temple? The prophet walked right in front of us!
Mommo said…
I do know that when Denna and Ben were in SLC for the "Brand New Year" DVD the church made for the youth (you can watch it on www.abrandnewyear.org) they got to spend nearly 2 hours in Pres. Monsons office with him. You'll have to ask them about it.
Enriquez Family said…
Oh i forgot to write you, KIRA my dear... You will be blessed beyond what you think for being a momma! Thats what I have to keep telling myself to keep truckin along! You can do it!
smcgary said…
You're the trophy wife who makes an appearance at certain times of the year, dressed to the hilt in a new designer dress, high fashion heels, and sporting freshly styled hair. Ching, ching. You'll be relaxed, though, since a massage and manicure was also part of your day. Ching, ching, ching. Can you say "Davey Dahling?" in a thick voice? Practice. :) You may also want to practice screaming in several different decibels, so you'll know which one to use when you go skiing again. Watch out for the trees. Love, Mom & Dad
smcgary said…
Was it the maid's day off?
Love, Dad
marciekoch said…
Hi Kira! I talked to Melissa when I was researching what machine to get but I'll have to pick her brain more now that I have one! :) Not that she's busy or anything...
Have a great week!
(Your parents crack me up - I love seeing your Mom at school!)
Lauren Stewart said…
WISH I had been that close to the prophet. Sean's little sister got to shake President Hinkley's hand one time... She was little and doesn't quite know how amazing that is.
PS I WOULD LOVE TO DO YOURS guys' pictures. That would be so fun. I still have some I need to get all together before I set up my website but I can email you some if you want to see them before you let me do your family! AND if you don't like 'em thats okay too!!! BUT if you do want me to do them let me know!
Ashley Harris said…
You are too cute! I want a job with the benefits of shmoozing too! Hey when he is down here in AZ I am sure it will be fun. What is he coming down for?
5dollarFanatic said…
The closest I've been to a prophet was when President Gordon B. Hinckley spoke at a Ricks college devotional about not becoming a weak link-it was my freshman year and I sat on the floor level-40 rows back-so no, not very close, but closer than i've ever been. And it is very true about the "schmoozing" that goes on with construction companies, their subs, and clients. Although I have to admit ours have been more limited than the list you came up with. Joe did get free tickets to the symphony/opera, a hockey game and yeah eating out always happened. And if you are lucky to work for a super great company they send you a giftcard to go out to eat on not only you husband's birthday but yours too!!
The McGary's said…
You are so cute! That list does sound pretty great:) I haven't been real close to a Prophet. Pres. Hinckley was probably the closest at the Columbia River dedication he as like two rooms away from me so not close but in the same building:)
Mikaela said…
I've never been too close to the prophet, but I was also at the same talk as Arin...too funny cause I often remember that talk! Anyways, one time while at Ricks, I walked out of my religion class and ran right into Elder Eyring and Elder Holland. In fact, it is one of my most embarrassing moments. I walked by and did a double take, and said to my friend, that's Elder Eyring and Elder Holland, quite loudly! lol! They even laughed...too funny!
I am still amazed by this story. I read it the night you posted it and called all my family. THey were all there at the game too. I just think that is so neat to have a Prophet who is still in touch with the social aspects. I know they all are but come on...the Jazz game? I love it!
Lauren Stewart said…
well technically speaking... I was ABOVE the jungle.. :)
Susanna said…
Wow! That would be a cool experience! I'm thinking I'm in the wrong profession as well! Jeez, I could definately take that life style. I have never been where near the prophet. I haven't ever even gone to general conference. I lead an uneventful life I guess.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

TRIALS