Father-Son Time

Both David and I are having SO MUCH FUN with our kids lately. It seems the last 2 months we have realized that both Cameron and Melanie are getting older and are able to, and want to do things we really enjoy. Yesterday was one of those days for David and Cameron.

At the Brighton ski resort, ages 6 and under ski for FREE and we decided to take advantage of that and will do so more this winter season! Cameron went skiing for the first time ever yesterday! He LOVED it and David did too. David's co-worker and friend, Sandy, took his son, Anders as well. They each decided to teach their boys to ski yesterday and it worked out well. David mentioned how good both boys did and how fast they caught on to skiing. It's easier to learn when your little and not as scary when the ground isn't as far down when you fall!!

I sent the camera with David and this is the one shot he came home with. I will be sending it up with him next time to get more than one picture. I really want a full shot of David and Cameron in their skis to put in David's office. Aren't they so cute in their helmets?! I love it!!
Cameron and Anders with his dad, Sandy:
I met all the skiers at the base of the canyon to pick up Cameron when they were all done at 1:30 pm. Ander's mom was there also to pick up Ander's as well . David and Sandy went back up the mountain to finish skiing for the rest of the day. They are crazy skiers and do the double black diamond runs!! It is REALLY nice to live so close to the resort!! Very convenient.

We are excited to teach our children to ski with many memories to look forward to in the future! I am glad David has found a way to involve a sport he loves with the kids and wants to include his family in it. I haven't been since we were dating, 8 years ago. Hopefully this year I will get to go a couple of times. We love the snow in Utah!

Comments

The McGary's said…
Wow, good for Cameron, that is awesome! I have never been and probably will never go, I don't do well in the cold. I guess you are right about feb. birthdays, last year all of Kyla's gifts were clearance things from all the Christmas stuff, so there is a benefit:)
Scott and Kelli said…
Little kids are so cute when they start skiing, looks like it was lots of fun!
Enriquez Family said…
Glad I found someone else that loved the snow! I wanna goo soo bad! Hey maybe we can go when we come up in February??? Lets think about it!
*~McGarys~* said…
wow how fun! I we can't wait till are boys are old enough to due things like that. Also we wanted to say thank you to you and David for all that you guys have done for us. It's so great that David want's Colby to work up there. You are both great Rollmodels:)
Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing and so hard to believe that cameron is old enough to ski. That is so great!! Caleb and I werejust talking about wanting to go skiing one more time before track traveling starts up again. We should all go together!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS