Our FUN Ski Date!!

Today was such a wonderful day!! I got David ALL DAY to myself. No cell phones or kids- just us!! Our friends, who are also our neighbors, invited us to go skiing with them at Deer Valley Ski Resort, next to Park City. What a sweet resort!! I was surprised to see no snow boarders when we got there since it is so popular. I later found out it was a "skiers only resort" with no snow boarders allowed. There are a lot of people that go skiing at this resort that are not from UT. It's a very prestigious resort, so I heard. We met a lady riding on one of our many lift rides up the mountain that was from Missouri. She has a house in Park City that they were staying at for a week with a bunch of friends! What a life!! I was SOOO nervous at first and actually wasn't that excited before we left. Driving up to the resort and seeing the lifts, ski lodge and all of the skiers brought back so many memories for me of when my family would go skiing when I was little. I had a great childhood with a lot of fond memories!! It made me all giddy inside!! I haven't been skiing in 8 years and so I figured I would be way slow and out of shape! But, when I got into my ski's it was like riding a bike. I absolutely LOVED it! It is so refreshing to ski and just feel free! Water skiing is still the best, but snow skiing is right up there! I told David how jealous I was of him and his friends coming up and skiing all of the time after getting a taste of it today. Oh well, hopefully I will get to go one more time this winter. I'd love to go up and see Cameron ski. All the little kids I saw skiing today were so cute. It made me so excited to ski with our kids soon someday!The resort was so big we didn't even hit all of the runs and lifts up there in one day. I am so glad that we had a day to ourselves. David has been working very long hours and then will bring work home with him every night for the past while, and so it was a nice break to just be together for the day!
P.S. Happy Birthday Carol!!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
How FUN! Ah I can't wait to go snowboarding but I guess Im not welcome there! Not that I can afford to go there anyways! You lucky Ducks! Keep running!
Good for you to go out not only on a date but a sports date that you both enjoy. I snowboard but haven't gone since we've been married (5 years). I miss it. I loved the picture of you and David. How fun!
Your background is AMAZING!!! You need to teach me some tips. Anyways skiing looks like fun!
smcgary said…
Did you sing "Kokomo" all the way there. Man, I hope Vard made it! I guess once you've learned to snow plow, you never forget! You should have taken a pocket knife just in case a tree got in your way. Then you could have nonchalantly begun to carve "Kira + David in a heart, all the while blinking away the snow matted to your eyelashes. When concerned skiiers stop by to ask how you are, you could look mystified and ask them whatever do they mean, as you continued to rub feeling back into your face? You had it planned all along. That's the Washington state method to select the best carving tree. Just remember, choosing more than one tree is bad luck and can lead to the proverbial headache. Not a great way to end your date! So glad you got to enjoy skiing together! From a couple of ski bunnies to another!
Love, Mom & Dad

PS: Was it hard to navigate moguls while snowplowing? Ha ha. Yeah, right!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS