3 Days of Easter

When we woke up Sunday morning Cameron asked, "we have Easter for 3 days?" So that's what it has felt like around here. Holidays seem to go on longer and longer the older my kids get. Sadly the day of the actual event is anti-climatic! One of those days was the preschool party.
Saturday we went to a park for an Easter egg hunt at 9 am put on by our realtor. They had the different age groups sectioned off. Jason wasn't too excited at first to be gathering up eggs, candy and little toys on the ground. He finally got into it by the end. Melanie and Cameron were really excited, along with all of the other kids in the 3-5 age group. I was standing on a picnic table to watch and all that I could see were backs bent over. When it was all over Melanie was about in tears. She walked away with 1 egg and 3 pieces of candy. Cameron did a little better and was nice to share his candy! I did manage to get a picture of the kids with the Easter bunny there. Okay, so only one of the kids would stand by the bunny- Alyssa didn't really have a choice. She was the only one that couldn't walk or talk. The other's were a little nervous behind the camera! Silly kids! We are all sick of candy (mostly me, I have no self control!) and we had a fun weekend. Of course the highlight was going to church on Sunday and worshiping the One we celebrate this time of year, our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him and for all that he has done for me. My life has meaning because of Him!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Well I would be nervous too! Look at the teeth on that bunny. Scary, but your like me, I make the boys stay there. hehe.. were mean..
Mikaela said…
How funny! I agree that Easter Bunny's a little scary looking. I'm glad the kids had a fun Easter! It's so crazy how there is snow everywhere for Easter. It's EASTER. No snow anymore!
smcgary said…
Alyssa probably wondered how the Easter Bunny's top teeth came in before his bottom teeth, unlike hers! She also looks a little nervous about the apparent size of top teeth- will hers be that big? Yikes! How will she fit them in?
The McGary's said…
your easter egg hunt sounded like ours. We basically had to point to the eggs so Kyla would pick them up. She walked away with a few eggs but she didn't really catch on until all the eggs were already claimed. We didn't have a cool bunny like that at ours though, seems like a perfect job for Chad.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS