Bump...Whack...Thud, Thud, Thud

Poor Alyssa has had quite the run-in with her head this weekend. She is learning the hard way of the risks to being more mobile and independent!

1. The Mall Incident: I wanted to do some shopping to spend some of my birthday $ Saturday and staying home with the kids didn't sound too exciting to David so we all packed up in the van. We had our plan ready-David would drop Alyssa and I off at the mall while he and the kids went across the street to Chuck E Cheeses and use the left over coins from being there from Melanie's birthday in February (that have been begging to be used!), and then he'd take the kids to McDonald's after that for dinner. Well, apparently things didn't quite go as planned at Chuck E Cheese's. There was a 45 minute wait just to get in. So they went to Carl's Jr and ate an early dinner with plans to head back after. Meanwhile I was in the shopping groove at the mall. I was trying on clothes and thought Alyssa would like to get out of the stroller. When I was all done, I put Alyssa back in the stroller and left. I was looking at clothes in another store when I heard Alyssa hit the floor and start screaming! I forgot to buckle her in!!! Poor girl. So while I was trying to soothe her I checked my phone and saw I had 4 missed calls from David (it was on silent, eerrr!) So I got Alyssa calmed down enough to call David back. I guess he took the kids into the bathroom at Carl's Jr. and Melanie said she didn't have to go. Well they went to the play area and Melanie peed her pants! Short trip for all of us and no Chuck E Cheese's fun for the kids. I'd like to say she's learned her lesson, but it's happened before! Everyone went home mad. David asked me how I did it with all of them when I had to go to the bathroom-my reply "Hold it!"

2. Sacrament Time: So we were sitting in sacrament meeting at church and Alyssa was super fussy! And Jason was a little more needy for mommy to hold him. So we were passing kids off to each other most of the time. I was holding Alyssa and she threw her head back and hit it on the corner of the arm pew! It was so loud. I just looked at David and rolled my eyes. One of "those" Sundays at church! After church a lady said she was watching us and missed those times of passing babies around. At least she thought about the distractions in a positive way!

3. Crawling = Trouble: Alyssa has enjoyed the freedom that crawling brings. She also found the stairs and the not so fun trip down them. I heard the muffled cry (there was a blanket at the bottom) and ran and found her face down at the bottom. At least it was the short set of stairs (4)!

It's been a rough weekend for my poor baby!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Oh how those days are just around the corner!!! err... its going to be whole new ball game for me. Its exciting also!
Mikaela said…
At our old house we had tile at the bottom of the stairs, and I remember the first time McKay fell and whacked his head...it was awful! Poor Alyssa! Good thing kids are resiliant.

Also, it's nice when daddy has to take the kids sometimes. It's nice for them to get a glimpse into what it's really like. My hubby's great (as I'm sure yours is) but still I think he doesn't fully understand all the time.

Oh, and did you buy anything at all w/ your b-day $$$?
David and Kira said…
I did get a few things at JCPenneys. When we got home I went really quickly over to Jordan's Landing (big shopping place 2 mins. away) and got some good deals at TJ Maxx! I finally have jeans that fit again! Yeah!
The McGary's said…
Wow, what a day! But on the bright side you got a pair of jeans that fits. I have so many different sizes of jeans and NONE of them fit what a nightmare.
Jennifer said…
Oh poor baby! It is definetely a fun time when they become mobil..for mom and baby :)
5dollarFanatic said…
Sorry it was a rough weekend for the whole family- I'm glad you were able to get some things at least. Shopping alone can release alot of stress. Especially when trying on clothes-not having to rush out of the dressing room almost half naked trying to keep kids from escaping your eyesight.
Hauni said…
We have been having an accident week as well. On Sunday Max hit his head on the chair in front of us and then as I was taking him out the door swung around and hit him on the other side of the head. Then both Monday and Tuesday he fell and now has two big goose eggs on his head. I keep hoping that he will learn his lesson and be a little less brave but I guess at that age they are fearless and forget easily!
marciekoch said…
Poor Alyssa! And miserable for Mommy to have to console a hurt baby! Thanks for the message - we did have a great time in Vegas! :)
Trenton & Maren said…
Trenton & I both got a kick out of this. What a fun stage of life we are in- with accidents bound to happen. We have a set of 16 stairs and hardwood at the bottom. We hope Jenna doesn't take a tumble down all of them! She's starting to walk a bit and I know there will be more bumps and bruises to follow.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS