A Blizzard...on my birthday!?

So I'm not talking about the Dairy Queen Blizzard, which I would LOVE for my birthday, but the kind of blizzard that brings down white stuff from the sky (namely SNOW). A sure sign that spring has not quite sprung here yet! I usually enjoy getting spring clothes like capri's, short sleeve shirts, sandals and such for my birthday, but I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks for that. David is taking me to dinner tonight. I hope that the blizzard stops before then since we are driving to Orem to drop off the kids at Chris and Andrea's and then driving to Provo to the Olive Garden (my favorite place)! Thank you so much for the gift card and the free babysitting Chris and Andrea!

This morning when Melanie woke up the first thing she said to me was "Happy Birthday Mommy!" I couldn't believe she remembered since I briefly told the kids yesterday that it was my birthday today. At the breakfast table Cameron said he was going to give me 10 pieces of chocolate (another love of mine). He said that I could have them all myself. That was a surprise to me because he has a love for chocolate too and is usually asking for a "bite" from whom ever has it! I don't quite know how he is going to get it or when, but it's the thought that counts when it comes to kids!

David has a weekend planned of remodeling the girls' room! I will post pictures when it starts! I am soooo excited! It is going to look so different!

Comments

Mikaela said…
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great night and the snow doesn't keep you away from spending time with David. How sweet that the kids remembered your special day. It sounds like you have some sweet ones (in addition to dang cute)!
5dollarFanatic said…
Happy Birthday- Your kids are so adorable to make it special for you. Have a blast tonight-I will pray for nice roads for you, though we got snow early this morning and it has already began to melt-so you may not need me to. Anyway, can't wait to see the new girl's room as well.
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one.
marciekoch said…
Kira,
It's 8:30pm on Thursday night and I thought about you all day - thinking I needed to get home and post on your blog "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hope you had an excellent day - its fun the kids were excited about your birthday! I think that is dang sweet! :)
Anyway - hope your day was super and have a fun weekend!
Marcie
Enriquez Family said…
Yeah so about the whole Spring is not here thing? Yeah it snowed today! Crazy I know! I guess its just getting us ready for crazy weather in Rexburg.. burr.... Well Im glad you had fun on your Birthday and David treated you good. Im gonna have to rent that movie. yup yup!
The McGary's said…
Glad you had a good day. Chad did mention after looking at the calendar, "I think it is Kira's birthday today". and he hadn't even seen your comment on our blog. I guess he remembers like you do. Have fun remodeling.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS