"Because She Is A Mother"

So I was talking to my mom a few days ago about being a mom and how it's so HARD sometimes. I'm glad that she could totally relate and the memories of her as a young mother came back. It was great to talk to her and she always calls at just the right time when I need it the most. Well she was trying to remember a conference talk given a bit ago about mother's. She found it and emailed it to me and I wanted to pass it on to all of those mom's out there with young children! It's in the May 1997 Ensign on lds.org and it's titled, "Because She Is a Mother" by Elder Holland. I'm sure that I was tuned out of this talk when it was given since I was only a sophomore in high school. I loved it and it helped me put it all back to what motherhood is really about and our divine roles. Hope this helps with anyone that is struggling out there! Thanks mom for all of your love and support! You're calls make my day and help buoy me up! Thanks for listening, even through the tears. Your great! I love you Mom!

Comments

Trenton & Maren said…
Thanks for sharing Kira. I have to admit that I've looked at some of your posts in awe and wondered how you do it all with 4 kids. It is pretty amazing! I only have 2 kids and feel overwhelmed often. Granted they are both still very dependent on their mother, but I think we all have moments where we feel inadequate! It is nice to know that we aren't alone, though! Thanks again. Maren Jenks
marciekoch said…
Kira,
I am sure you are a wonderful mother! We all have those moments where we don't feel like we can handle what we've been given and life is overwhelming - I have them often and I'm not a mom! :) I'm glad you have your mom to encourage and reassure you!
P.S. Your family picture is beautiful. I haven't seen you guys for a while!! The kids are adorable!
Marcie
Deborah Austin said…
Thanks for the suggestions I look forward to reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS