Swimming Lessons 101

Cameron and Melanie had their first swimming lesson yesterday. They had such a blast. They both were in the class together. When we lived in Las Vegas, 2 1/2 year's ago, we were in the pool every day and Cameron got VERY comfortable in the pool. A little to comfortable where he would jump in without anything to keep him afloat and I would have to jump in after him. So I knew it was only a matter of time before a disaster happened. And with 3 kids who don't know how to swim, and 1 that thinks he knows, is a bit scary to go to the pool with if you ask me. And staying away from the pool this summer is not an option for me. So...the lessons have started! The instructor was very good with the kids. They played red light green light with kicking their feet, blowing bubbles, bobbing their heads 4 times under the water, and floating on their backs. I will say though the next time I go I will bring a stroller for Alyssa. I forgot when I left to throw it in the van. So here I was holding Alyssa, who is no light baby, trying to keep Jason's clothes on (he wanted to go swimming which surprised me because the only time he likes to get wet is in the bathtub), and helping the 2 wet and cold swimmers get dressed. Swimsuits are hard enough to get on when dry and almost impossible to take off when you're wet. But other than that it was a pretty successful adventure!

Comments

Hi Kira,

Your blog is so cute, and your family is so BIG! I remember when David gave you that rock and it was in you and Alise's room! How funny, that was a long time ago. Thanks for adding me. My email is brooke.pggroup@gmail.com.
-Brooke
Anonymous said…
We live in Provo and will be for the next few years. you can email us at bjwood7@gmail.com and maybe we can find a time to run into each other! Veronica is pregnant with a boy and is dune JUNE 14th!
Mikaela said…
Hey Kira and David! It's so great you guys have a blog. It's nice to see your cute family. I don't think I've seen you guys since I got married, so it's been 6-1/2 years...and you have 4 kids later...wow, time flies! Anyways, seriously, if I didn't already have the cutest kid in the world (yeah, not biast or anything) I'd have to rank yours up there. They are so cute!

We're moving to Utah soon...maybe we'll have to get together or something! Would be fun to catch up! :) ~Mikaela (Knight)
Trenton & Maren said…
David & Kira,
HI, how are you all doing. Blogging is alot of fun. You get to keep in touch with all your friends. Hope all is well. You have a cute family. Keep in Touch.
Trenton
Jennifer said…
Hey guys! Your blog is great...I am glad you started one so we can keep in touch better...Your family is beautiful!

Weston & Jennifer
Hi Kira,

I came acrossed your blog. What a cute family you have. I spend so much time looking at everyone else's blogs, I don't have much time to keep up with mine. Keep in touch. Jenn
Ashley Harris said…
Kira and David! I found you through Mikaela, go figure. Anywho, your family is so cute!! 4 kids! Holy cow you must be busy! Have a great day!
Enriquez Family said…
WaWhoo!!! KIRA!!! were bloggin fools now! hehe! this is addicting. kinda like MySpace was at first, but this is more fun cause its family... Fun fun! So what, we going to Idaho? YUP YUP! bye sis..

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS