Melanie's Pen Pal (Grandma)

Lately when I have gotten mail from the mailbox, Melanie has been asking where her mail is. She usually opens all of my "junk mail", but got tired of that and has been bugging me about HER mail. So I finally said to her to call grandma McGary and ask her to send a letter to her. Grandma was excited about the task and sent Melanie a letter along with pictures out of a coloring book to color and one that she had already colored for Melanie. She thought that the boys might like a letter too and so she mailed one to Cameron and Jason. A few days later Melanie colored a picture I got off of the internet for her and mailed it to grandma. Tonight Melanie was at the neighbors visiting a friend and it was almost dinner time so her friend's mother told her it was probably time to go home. She didn't want to go yet, so she didn't. I called down a little later and talked to her on the phone. When I told her that she had a letter in the mail that came today for her, she was home within 2 minutes. She LOVES mail!!! She had so much fun finding all of the things that grandma drew at her house on the farm. Thanks grandma! Don't worry Grandma and Grandpa Lee-I'm sure you will be getting a picture soon in the mail and she will have more pen pals!

Comments

Jennifer said…
How fun to have grandma as a pen pal...That is such a cute idea...My kids LOVE getting the mail and always end up opening my junk mail...They would be thrilled to actually get their own letter...

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS