Our cousin Addysin for the weekend!

Last week we had my niece, Addysin, over for the weekend while her parents, Chris and Andrea, went to Las Vegas on a business retreat. Andrea dropped off Addysin Thursday night at our house. She's on of a bit of a different schedule than us for bedtime. Andrea hoped she would go to bed by midnight for us! I thought that sounded a little late for us since our kids go to bed at 8 pm and we're in bed by 10:30. So I braced myself for long nights. But Addysin actually did really well with going to bed at 10:15 the first night, 8:30 the next, and 10:30 the last night. The kids LOVED playing with their cousin and would ask where she was all of the time. Addysin loved watching the tricks they did for her and I know she will love having a new sibling at the end of the summer! Friday I was getting ready in my bathroom for the day and Addysin and Alyssa were on the floor in my bedroom playing and Cameron, Melanie and Jason were playing on my bed and it was at that moment I thought, "wow, this is what 5 feels like!" Surprisingly though it didn't scare me- which is good!

There was a couple of times when it was a bit "crazy"! The first time was going to the swimming pool with all 5. We had plans after swimming lessons to go over to our friends house for a BBQ and I needed to get a few things at the store so I thought if I dropped off Cameron and Melanie just before it started, dressed and ready, then I could go to the store with just 3 and not have to wait at the pool for 1/2 an hour during their lesson. So when I pulled up to the loading zone I told Cameron he needed to watch out for his sister and take care of her and that I'd be back before they got done. So they got out of the car and this is what they looked like walking in:It was SO CUTE! Melanie was wearing her princess shoes with just a little bit of a heel and she looked so prissy! Cameron and Melanie grabbed each other's hand, they looked like a miniature couple! The funniest part was that Melanie's skirt was just a little higher in the back and her bum was peeking out!

Saturday night we decided to get out of the house and let the kids get their energy out (it was snowing that day!) so we went to the mall's play place and had ice cream afterwards. We looked pretty ridiculous with the 2 girls in a double stroller, Jason in an umbrella stroller and 2 more kids trailing behind! We got a lot of strange looks too!

Sunday was another challenge with church from 11-2, nap time! So needless to say we didn't get too much out of sacrament and David taught the deacons class, which meant I had both babies in Relief Society. You can imagine!

We were so glad to have Addysin here with us and glad that Chris and Andrea had a good time on their trip alone. I know I would have liked it that way if it were me! It's funny how just one more person in your family really changes things for you too!

Comments

Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. As I was reading this I had to chuckle because it brought back a flood of memories when my girls were babies. You just go with the flow. I only had the two though not 3 others. Yikes! How fun!!
5dollarFanatic said…
It makes me wonder how women with kids a year or less apart make it through church on sundays-knowing it will be a good eight months before the oldest is allowed in nursery. CRAZY!!!! okay i just described my own mother--don't tell her.
Enriquez Family said…
Ahh Kira, that picture is so cute of Cam and Mel... Ahh... I love it! Thats one thing about your kids, they take care of each other. I hope mine do that. How fun. Well call me sometime! I quit the whole school thing so yeah.... ayways, good to see a recent blog! Luv Ya!
Andrea Lee said…
wow, I cant imagine having 2 kids and how busy I will be. But 5 kids! whew, thanks so much for the sacrifice you made for us last weekend. p.s. Addysin has gone to bed early 2/3 nights since we got her back, thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS