Rocket Science? No, just Rockets!

So Cameron came home from school on Monday with the homework assignment to build a rocket. The project had many options i.e; paper towel rolls, pop bottles, etc. and suggested that this would be a great project to do with their Dad. When I told Cameron what his homework was for the week he got so excited! On Wednesday I went and bought a large "Sierra Mist" pop to drink so it'd be all ready for the engineers to start it that night. Well Cameron was too excited to wait for Dad to get home from work and decided he knew exactly how to make it all by himself. This is it with the pop still 1/3 full. He took claim of the pop too and was drinking it straight from the bottle. He was nice enough to share with the others (we are not at all concerned about germs in this family!) Can you see the small point at the top? And the yellow pointy paper at the bottom is the fire! Nice touch!

Well Cameron got to stay awake a little later to work on the project. When David took off the label on the bottle, the kids thought it was "naked" and got a great kick out of that! The finished project (part 1)...thanks, Daddy!After this picture David went and spray painted it outside. Next came painting.


So Cameron really did paint a lot of it. I put painter's tape around to make it easier to paint only where each color was supposed to be. Just being the perfectionist that I am, I had to go and "touch up" some of it!




TADAH!!!!

3 1/2 hours later... it was done! Cameron did pretty well with finishing and being patient (more with me) about getting it done. Now it's all ready for show and tell. I asked him what he wanted to name his rocket. He said "Rocky" (ingenious!) and so I wanted to write the name up the side of the rocket. Cameron said no and being that it is "his" project, I didn't. I did ask him about 10 times though if he wanted the name on there. The only name that's on it is Cameron's, as it should be I suppose!

Comments

marciekoch said…
What a good lookin' rocket! I am impressed! Cameron is so handsome! I'm sure his rocket was a hit!
Enriquez Family said…
Nice! HOw fun, I bet his is gonna be the best one of them all. Good job Cam!
Mikaela said…
All I can say is WHOA! If McKay ever has this assignment, and we're still living in Utah, I'm sending him to YOUR house! hehe! Charles might be able to be creative, but I have NO creativity whatsoever. That looks AWESOME! Cameron's so cute holding it up all proud. He has Tony's smile to me...cute, cute kid!
Countrylivn' said…
WOW, I would have just let him take the one he made, you guys are SUPER parents. Way to go!
Trenton & Maren said…
David, I can't believe how much your boys remind me of you and I can even see some of your little brothers in some of the pictures when they are smiling. They are pure Lee's. Sorry Kira. Nice job on the rocket. It looks really good.
Trenton
The McGary's said…
wow, I am very impressed! It looks fantastic. My 8th grade rocket didn't even look that great.
Mommo said…
Boy oh Boy! That is a super duper rocket Cameron!! And the name is perfect!
It was good to see you guys again. Cameron is soo cute! Boy did he have lots of energy! He has gotten so big.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS