Pretending

So I was folding laundry on the couch and between folding and putting the clothes away, this is the conversation I heard between Cameron and Melanie
Melanie: "Come on Cameron, let's go get married."

Cameron: "Okay, here put your k-nex at our house" (rocking chair)

Melanie: "Let's go get married in the temple. You get in here (fake car) and you drive."
Pointing up the stairs, "Its on the mountain."

A little later in the boys' room Cameron is in there holding a baby, and enters Melanie:
Melanie: "pretend she stops crying when I hold her."

Cameron: "she's been crying all day!"

And a little later:
Melanie: "I love my present, David!"

Obviously the names got switched the longer they were "married". I have to say that Cameron is a pretty good sport at all of this "playing house". It doesn't happen often but when it does Melanie usually takes over and tells Cameron what to do and he usually goes along with it. There are sweet moments such as these during the days, between the fighting!

Comments

marciekoch said…
that is adorable...it's so cute when they have such creative imaginations!!
The McGary's said…
how sweet. I thought I would tell you that I will not be able to make it to your Modbe party. With gas the way it is and we are out in BC every Mon-Tues I just can't make the trip AGAIN! I am bummed though, I wish I would have known about it sooner because i just ordered a swimsuit and really would have loved to know what size I needed. hopefully it will work out okay. good luck with the party I am sure it will be fun.
That is so cute!! Hopefully they will stay friends as they get older.
Enriquez Family said…
this made me laugh. I can jsut see camerons face as he says these things. And Melanie, when she gets married, I think she's gonna wear the pants in the relationship. so cute! Have fun at moms!
smcgary said…
I wonder what they would say if they pretended they're going to visit Grandpa & Grandma McGary. Cameron: "Oh, I love the snake Grandpa caught for me to pet. You pet it first, Melanie." Melanie: "I'm going to get a cookie and some ice cream, then I'm going to go to Great Grandma McGary's and pet the (t)kitties." We sure enjoy your family coming to visit!!! The Modbe party was really fun! Thanks for doing it for us.
Andrea Lee said…
oh my, that is hillarious!
too cute. andrea and kiya are always picking flowers outside making bouquets and getting married...sometimes to princes and sometimes one of them is the prince! i usually try to change that when i see that happening!!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS