My First Baby

Okay Mikaela, I liked this and so I'm going to do it! Brings back some good memories of all of the firsts for me with being pregnant!

1. Were you married at the time?
Of course...for 1 month!

2. What were your reactions?
We were both super excited, but not really at all surprised. We wanted a baby right away!

3. How old were you?
20...I know, crazy! I turned 21 a week and a half before he was born

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
Home pregnancy test. I was so nervous to look at it. Neither David nor I wanted to go into the bathroom to look.

5. Who did you tell first?
Our parents of course. We couldn't wait, I think we called them that night or something!

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Heck yea! It's all about the planning !

7. Due date?
April 11, 2002

8. Did you deliver early or late?
5 days EARLY!!

9. Did you have morning sickness?
Extremely sick! Since we were newly married David was worried about me. He didn't know what was going on! No one warned him of that before marriage!

10. What did you crave?
Umm, I don't remember that one. I do remember eating a lot of Top Ramen for lunches though!

11. Who irritated you the most?
No one really. I was more irritable in the first trimester since I was sick and felt HORRIBLE! So I guess my hubby suffered from the irritable part the most, sorry honey!

12. What was your child's sex?
Male. I thought he would be a she, but I was wrong!

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
25 pounds!

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Luckily, no.

15. Where did you give birth?
Utah Valley Medical Center, Provo UT

16. How many hours were you in labor?
8 hours. We went to a friend's reception, but didn't make it in I was in too much pain. So we went home until I couldn't take it any more. We got to the hospital at 8 pm and I had him at 2:40 am.

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
David

18. Who watched?
David. No one else please and NO MIRROR, thank you!

19. Was it natural or c-section?
Natural

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
I held out until I was dilated to a 6 and then got the best pain relief EVER! Thank you to the genius who found the epidural!

21. How much did your child weigh?
6 lbs. 15 ozs.

22. Did your child have any complications?
No

23. What did you name baby?
Cameron Charles Lee (1st name because we liked it and it seemed to "fit" and middle name after David's father)

24. How old is your first born today?
He just turned 6!

Thanks, Mikaela, and to anyone that wants to take a trip down memory lane...

Comments

Mikaela said…
Okay, Kudos to you for waiting till you were a 6...I wanted an epidural the minute they broke my ward, and I started into full-on contractions! lol! I think I got one at a 3....

I was thinking the other day, David and I were both picked as most likely to have a ton of kids our senior year, and I think I was married like 6 months after you, and obviously David was the right choice, but I'm WAY behind! hehehe!
Mikaela said…
Sorry about the typo...that should say WATER not ward! oops!
Can you believe how fast they grow??? So sad!!! My baby is already almost 18 months. IT breaks my heart. And the modbe clothes you're selling--super cute. I have two suits I bought from Deborah and abslutely love them. I want to buy more, but I think I better wait.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS