Busy, But FUN Weekend

To start off the weekend, Cameron and Melanie went to a friends' b-day party. I dropped them off and then headed down to Provo to watch Rebecca Lee throw the javelin. She did really well, placing 1st. It was surprising to me how small it was for a college meet. Then on Saturday David was gathering up everything to start the big project in Melanie's room. He is putting bead board up the wall 1/2 way. I am so excited. I have wanted it in the girls room ever since Melanie was born. It will look so great when it's all done. Here is the start of it:


















I have had the girls' room cleared out since Friday and I am ready for the project to be done soon. Alyssa has been sleeping in a play pen and Melanie has been in our bed. I am ready for some better sleep with out being pushed out of my own bed by her!

We also enjoyed conference. I really look forward to it and I feel so rejuvenated to do better when it's over. It was a little harder to concentrate with the noise and excitement of the project during Saturday, but still very good.

Sunday was Cameron's 6th birthday (another golden b-day!) He was so excited. When we woke up he told us all to go downstairs and yell "SURPRISE!" So we did! (coming down the stairs, surprised!)

He got K-Nex and a remote control truck. He had to wait 8 hours for the battery to charge.
They should really tell you that on the box! We listened to him all day long complain about it. He wasn't very patient with waiting. I would have had it charging the night before if I knew that! (putting the k-nex together)


(The b-day cake! Cameron wanted all chocolate-cake, frosting and ice cream. Pretty rich!)

Cameron also got a "real" rocket from Grandma and Grandpa Lee. David put that together on Sunday, but we haven't had a chance to launch it yet. He is really excited about it! Melanie is next to it in the picture above.
(FINALLY getting to enjoy his new toy!)

So after conference we went to the Seminary reunion at Rick and Kristen Jorgensen's home. That was a lot of fun to see people who we haven't seen in a while.

Today I took ice cream sandwiches to Cameron's class for his b-day. You can't bring anything that's home made food to give out. It makes it a little more expensive than just making cupcakes, but a little more comforting I guess.

Now it's back to reality...house work! My house is always a bomb come around Monday. I still have more to do and it's almost dinner time. I guess I will be up late cleaning while David is working on the girls' room. And so the work never ends...

Comments

OH! I love beadboard! That is going to look awesome, I can't wait to see how you decorate the room.
That stinks about the battery charging! I'm sure he still had a great birthday though!
Seminary reunion huh? That sounds fun!
Kids are so funny!! I love that he made you suprise him. I love bead board and little shelves built in like that. How fun!!
Mikaela said…
Wow, looks like the project is going really well in the girls' room! How nice to have a husband who's good at all of that! I can't wait to see the finished project.

I'm glad Cameron had such a great birthday. It's nice to have kids to re-visit the fun that is birthdays and Christmas. When you're older, it's just not nearly as fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS