"Busy-ness" around here

We have been super busy this weekend, but it's been so much fun! I am so excited to post pictures of the girls' room that David has been working on! It looks so AWESOME! I couldn't be happier with the way it's turned out. David finished the trim on the bottom and the styles on the corners yesterday and then came the sanding and finishing of filling nail holes, caulking and more sanding and then cleaning out the room and vacuuming the saw dust to get ready for PAINT! While that was going on, I was cleaning out the saw dust and left over wood in the garage so the van could be parked in there again. Then I took Melanie and Cameron to Home Depot to pick out the pink paint. I was a little nervous. You think you know what color, and then you get there and there are so many different shades to choose from that you forget what you really want. So after that we painted the beadboard and shelf last night white and we couldn't go to bed until we tested out the pink above that. We finally crashed after midnight! So I will post pictures in a few more days...

We have plans to go to the park and shoot off the rocket that Cameron got from G&G Lee later. The kids will love it! Then we are going to do some t-ball practice. Cameron's first game is on Tuesday. This is his first year of doing it and so he has a few things to learn still. Jason is going to be so jealous. He is much more of a sports fan than Cameron. Jason is all about balls and even sleeps with them at night! He was definetly "born to play!" It should be a nice evening activity.

My kids watch Dora and will randomly count to 10 in spanish and say various spanish words. Melanie really like it. Yesterday the kids were helping me clean the garage and David was cutting a board and was talking in Spanish to himself and Melanie says "daddy speaks spanish like me!" It was hilarious. She thinks she knows spanish! I love it when the kids make me laugh.

Comments

Trenton & Maren said…
I can't wait to see the pics of your girls' room. I keep checking to see if you've posted them. It sounds sooooo cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS