Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving by ourselves this year.  The kids didn’t mind and Cameron was actually excited about it!  So I had each of the kids decide before I went shopping what one dish they wanted to eat and to help make.  Melanie made Strawberry Pretzel Salad, Alyssa made the stuffing, Jenna made the veggie tray, Jason made the rolls and Cameron made the mashed potatoes with Dad.  The kids’ favorite part of Thanksgiving has been helping to make part of the meal.  While we were eating everyone was asking how they liked their food they made.  They really felt like it was “theirs”.  We got to bring out the china and goblets which is another fun tradition when it is just us.  During the month of Thanksgiving we wrote down something we were thankful for each day on a strip of paper and then stapled them together to make a long paper chain.  I got it out and read it at the table what we had written down.  There were a lot of fun things that we were laughing about.  There were also the usual things like family, church, mom and dad.  Some others were crossfit (the kids have been doing this in the mornings), school, friends, scriptures, snow, Jenna had several “I love Devri”, “my friend Devri”, etc.  That is what she said almost everyday I asked her what she was thankful for!  When we finished eating and everyone was helping to clear the table Cameron said “that went by so fast!  I can’t believe we are done eating already!”  I just laughed and thought now you know how I feel during meals!  When it takes that long to prepare you would think it would last longer!

2013-11-28 14.06.392013-11-28 14.06.51-12013-11-28 14.06.562013-11-28 14.06.592013-11-28 14.07.17

That night the girls wanted to pamper me.  They washed my hair, massaged my feet, hands, neck and head, painted my toes and fingers and put a mask on my face.  It was so fun!  I think that should become a yearly tradition too!

2013-11-28 20.02.17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS