Cancun- Vacation of my dreams!!!

I can’t believe it is done and over with!  I had been waiting to go on a much needed vacation with David for YEARS!  It can be hard to watch your husband take off to exotic destinations and have amazing stories to tell all while eating mac n’ cheese at home with screaming kids.  But I will admit that the “need” to get out has not been as bad as it was just 3 years ago.  Yes, having your kids grow up and not be so needy is much easier on the day-to-day stuff!  And I will also admit that not being so strapped for cash while he is away is much nicer also, allowing me to get a babysitter for a night or a massage.  But nonetheless, it was a very much needed getaway from a very stressful time at work for David and also for me to get 10 days of alone time with my favorite person!

David’s parents drove from St. George Wednesday night and I gave them the run down of the calendar for the next 10 days.  Chuck took it with ease but I think I made Carol nervous!  I just reassured them that they would have 6 hours of just one child during the day.  I prepared 7 meals that I made a week before and froze in the freezer.  Dinner times can be the most hectic times and I wanted it to go as smooth as I could get it for them.  I am beyond grateful for the service they gave to us!  I know our kids are not easy at times and to take on a family of 5 kids when you haven’t had any at home for years can be very tiring!  This trip would not be if it weren’t for them!

We took off Thursday morning to the airport leaving at 9:40 to Atlanta Georgia.  David is a pro at the airport and led me around smoothly.  I get all nervous and jittery at places like that and it was a piece of cake with him.  We arrived early enough that we had time to sit down and eat an omelet at Market Street Grill.  It was delicious!

cancun

We arrived in Georgia at 2:30 pm and had some time to kill.  So after finding our next boarding gate we went to eat at TGI Fridays.  The plane ride from Georgia to Cancun felt like it took forever but it was shorter than the previous flight, only about 2 1/2 hours.  And it was RAINING when we got there.  Luckily the rain only lasted a few hours the next day and was gorgeous the rest of the trip!

We booked our vacation through Costco (fabulous by the way!) and we were picked up and taken to our hotel, The Omni.  It was an all inclusive resort, just what I wanted!

IMG_5220

Friday we spent the day on the beach.  I enjoyed everything I dreamed of wanting on a vacation.  Drinks being brought to me, laying out in the sun, reading a good book and swimming in the gorgeous blue/green ocean that was so warm!  Definitely felt like I was in paradise!  David loved swimming in the ocean more than I did though.  Something about the salt water on my lips!

IMG_5222cancun22013-11-15 12.32.492013-11-15 12.54.432013-11-15 12.44.36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS