Thanksgiving 2010

For Thanksgiving this year we headed south to St. George.  I was just coming out of the effects of the flu that wiped me out for almost 2 weeks before leaving.  And David was just starting to get it!  He didn’t have the same symptoms as I had and it didn’t last nearly as long, lucky for him!  We had a great time with David’s parents and it was fun to be in their new home!  We didn’t take many pictures while there.  Just us eating!  HAHA!!  The food was delicious and we ate leftovers for the whole time we were there!  Carol stuck with her daily salad.  She has better self control than me!  I couldn’t eat enough of EVERYTHING!!  To much goodness around me!  And Jenna loved her first Thanksgiving feast! 

    IMG_2107IMG_2109IMG_2110IMG_2111IMG_2112IMG_2113IMG_2114 

We did some black Friday shopping.  David went to Target for a T.V. for his office.  He waited in line for 2 hours just to buy it.  I went out at 7:30, when David got back.  I got some clothes for the kids for Christmas at Children’s Place and coats at JCPenney.  Then David and I went back out later and got a few more things.  It was a fun day of shopping! 

On Saturday we went to the Tuacann and had lunch outside.  It was pretty cold.  I think it only got up to 40 degrees.  So we skipped the hiking we wanted to do.  Came back and watched the BYU vs. UTAH game.  I opted for a nap!  Then we took the kids swimming at the city indoor pool.  It was a lot of fun with slides and swings for the kids.  It will be a fun place to go to again! 

We headed home Sunday knowing there was snow in the forecast all the way up I-15.  Sure enough we hit it right outside of St. George.  What should have been a 4.5 hour drive turned into a 9 hour drive.  And we weren’t the only ones driving the roads.  Each stop we went to there were LONG lines to the bathrooms.  We were glad to be home by the time we rolled in at 10:30 pm.  And we came home to a foot of new snow!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS