Christmas 2010 Highlights

IMG_2156IMG_2159IMG_2161

The kids decorated the traditional gingerbread house.  This had enough pieces for everyone to decorate a part with out crowding!  Melanie worked on the gingerbread man and woman, Jason the Christmas tree and Alyssa and Cameron decorated the house. 

Christmas Eve Grandma and Grandpa Lee started the tradition of pajamas and a book!   IMG_2164

They love them and the books are so special with a note inside each one to each one of the kids.  We had fun reading in bed with their new pajamas and excited for Santa’s arrival!  Can I just say that it is so much fun to see your kids on Christmas morning!  I am more excited to see them than I am about getting anything!  After setting up the tree with Santa’s gifts all out and admiring everything with the tree lights on David and I both said at the same time “We are so blessed!”   

The kids woke up at 7 am.  So grateful for a few more hours of sleep than I had planned on!  The kids all played with their Santa toys and stocking stuff.  Cameron got a remote control helicopter, Melanie and Alyssa got an American girl doll, Jason got Criss Cross Crash Hot Wheels and Jenna got a baby doll from Santa. 

 

IMG_2168IMG_2176IMG_2174IMG_2172IMG_2182IMG_2206IMG_2180IMG_2187IMG_2190IMG_2201IMG_2203IMG_2204

I made the kids their own aprons.  The girls got matching aprons for their dolls.  And the picture tells it all of how it went!

IMG_2193

Girls excited, boys not so much!  Jason for some reason even went as far as to start crying went he opened it up!  Never expected that reaction!  But they all used them and loved them Sunday when they got to wear them while eating lunch right before church all dressed in their church clothes. 

The kitchen and high chair I got a steal of a deal on-FREE!  A lady in my ward gave me the kitchen and I saved it for Christmas and the high chair I found at the D.I.  They gave it to me for free because it was “a little wobbly”.  Some sand and paint made it look new again!  Now playing house is so much more fun!

IMG_2200IMG_2207

Do not send your husband shopping Christmas Eve.  He might pick up something like a Wii!  It is fun and the kids are having a blast with it!

IMG_2211IMG_2213IMG_2215

IMG_2220

Jenna could have been happy with just the oranges in her stocking.  I think she ate almost everyone’s!IMG_2218

I never got a picture of the suitcases Grandma and Grandpa McGary got for the kids.  It will be nice to travel with room to fit everything!

We are so grateful for this time of year.  I always ask myself if we have done enough to teach our kids the reason for the season.  I hope they always remember to keep the Savior at the front of their life and the rest will fall into place. 

Comments

How fun! I had to laugh about Jason crying with the apron. Poor kid! Glad he got use out of it though. I LOVE the idea of a book with pjs. So much better than a toy and memorable too. I might havet to steal that idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS