My son is living my childhood dream…

I BEGGED my parents for glasses as a child and now that I am older, and I’d like to think wiser, I am SO GLAD I didn’t and still don’t have them!  But my poor son, Cameron, is sadly living my childhood wish.  He came home with a note from the vision screening at school saying he did not pass the vision test.  He did mention a few times, mostly when they rearranged their desks, that he had a hard time seeing the board.  But me thinking that he had great eyes because they were like mine in color didn’t think much of it.  Throw that theory out the window!!  So in November I took him to the eye doctor and sure enough he is near sighted.  Or he can’t see things far away.  And it’s hereditary.  Should of known!  David’s whole family has terrible eyesight.  Dang it!!  When the doctor was testing him with the letters on the wall it made me sad.  I could read every letter on there and they were backwards to me and Cameron couldn’t see them at all!  So I have tried really hard for him to be positive about the glasses.  He of course is super excited about them.  He was really bummed when he found out that they had to order the glasses with the correct lenses and that he couldn’t take them home with him that day.  But now he has them and can see, so that makes me happy.  And he chose blue glasses.  If he had to have them I wanted him to love them, and he does.

IMG_2118

Cameron also started piano lessons the beginning of November.  He is taking lessons from a high school student in our ward that is super talented in the music department.  He has written and composed music for video games and wants to write music for movies!  Cameron is learning a lot from him and I think it makes it more fun since he is a boy!  His first recital is next Tuesday and he is playing Jingle Bells.  It is fun to hear him practice and learn!IMG_2122

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Ive been waiting for a picture of him in his glasses! They look great Cameron! Stud Muffin ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS