WE LOVE GOING TO WASHINGTON!!!

What a treat it was to get away for a week! I really needed a break from every day life and I'm sure the kids needed it just as much as me. Cameron went off track on the 27th of January and so it was the perfect time to go! We left Monday, the 2nd, early and picked up Alise and her 2 boys in Burley. That definitely made the drive a lot funner with her! We were packed in the van. Luckily the DVD player worked to entertain most of the way!! What did we ever do with out those as kids?!

The day after we got there Cameron threw up and had a fever all day. So we cancelled our plans we had made and just hung out at my parents house. It was beautiful outside and Melanie spent all day outside with the cats and Snoopy the dog. We visited Grandma and Grandpa McGary, minus the sick boy. Melanie played outside with their dog Perky most of the visit. She was never bored, with plenty of animals loving her attention! When my mom got off of work she watched the kids so Alise and I could make a trip into town to get a few things for a craft to make. Can we ever get together anymore with out doing a craft?! It was a lot of fun to do and even better that it is useful. I needed a bow hanger!! Goes great with the girls' room!We played it safe Wednesday also with not having a lot of plans. Luckily Cameron got over his sickness quick and it was just the 24 hour bug. Wednesday night we had a fun girls night out! My parents watched my kids and Alise's while we were out. There were 11 of us that went to Red Robin. I had so much fun catching up and visiting with some of my friends that live around there. Thanks girls for the fun! I love to get together!! (Becky, Heather, Mary, Alise, Karen, Jilayne, Hannah, Me, Stephanie, Jennifer, Emily)


One of the things I have wanted to do for a long time every trip we make to Washington is to go to Walla Walla to visit my great-grandma Zimmerman.
Our trips are so short usually when David is able to come to Wa. and bouncing back and forth between 2 families, I can't find reason in trying to fit a visit in. So this trip was the perfect opportunity.My grandma is 97 and still lives in her home. She is losing some of her memory and is hard to understand after her stroke a few years ago, but she is so much fun and just hilarious. I am so glad that we were able to do that. Melanie's middle name is named after her, Anne. Friday we got to do the things we planned for Tuesday, but had to cancel because of being sick. We visited David's dad at the high school in Connell. The kids loved to see grandpa Lee and they got to tell him all of the fun things they have been doing. Carol is in Florida, so we weren't able to visit with her. We will have to catch her next time! My mom had b-day cupcakes she brought to choir class for her b-day. It was pretty much a party hour and the kids had fun. Then we went over to Melissa's to play with the cousins for a few hours! All 4 of my kids are the exact same ages as her younger 4, so there's no one left out! It's always fun to visit with Melissa!


Eliza and Alyssa showing off their bellies!! Melanie went on a date with grandpa McGary Friday night. They doubled with Seth and his daughter Bailey. Seth's ward had a primary Father-Daughter dance. The gym was decorated over the top reception style. Very nice!We thought that would be fun for Melanie to do with her cousin, and it was. The girls looked just gorgeous! Melanie got a new dress from her grandpa and grandma Lee and she wore that. Heather and I got the girls crowns at Claire's for the occasion. They felt like real princesses.
I think when Melanie hits 16 and goes to her first dance I am going to go crazy with it all. I loved dressing her up so much I can only imagine what it will be like when she is really old enough to date! It was SO MUCH FUN!!Friday night and Saturday I came down with the fever and chills. Luckily by the time Saturday night came I felt a lot better. Alex, Seth's son, was baptized Saturday night. I was glad my kids could watch their cousin get baptized. Really a neat experience. Then we headed over to Chuck E Cheeses to celebrate the birthdays! It was packed, the kids were excited and hungry and I was trying to keep track of all of my kids!! Melanie felt very special there. She turned 5 and is feeling so big. She shares a birthday with my mom and grandma McGary.


Bailey and Melanie with the Chicken Cheerleader and Chuck E Cheese! Did they recruit a new mascot? I don't remember her!!Happy Birthday Melanie!There's that finger she loves!!Jason next to the alligator gameCameron won 4 frogs with his tickets. I think that made it all worth it!

Sunday night was what Sunday nights are all about when family is in town. Lots of people and lots of kids running around! I think it's pretty much tradition for the McGary side isn't it? Mom made donuts, we talked, laughed, ate, played Redneck Life, and laughed some more!


Lots of great memories and not once while on vacation did I hear "I'm bored!" So I think we had a great time! On the drive home Monday, Cameron asked if we were going to have Family Home Evening when we got home. Cameron's favorite day of the week is Monday because he LOVES family home evening! When I told him we would probably not have it because when we got home it would be to late and it would be bed time, he was NOT happy! His response- "Oh, I hate my life!" We are having Family Home Evening tonight just to make him happy!! I am recording this so I can remind him when he's a teenager and whining about NOT wanting it of how much he used to LOVE Family Home Evening. As a matter of fact it was his most favorite day because of it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH how fun for you Kira! I loved looking at all the pictures. Your grandparents are so great. Ah the memories. So neat to see Seth and his boy in whites for the baptism. I will need to make that trip here in the near future. Glad you had a good time! ~Ashley
Wow, that looks so fun. You guys did so much. My favorite picture was the one of Eliza and Alyssa. What cute little girls, and she wasn't sucking on her finger for the picture Ü
I was thinking about you this week wondering how your vacation was going. I'm glad you had so much fun. It looked like a ball.
*~McGarys~* said…
How fun! We sure wish that we could have been there for all the fun. I know Colby wanted to be there for sure. But good thing we didn't also so that the boys didn't get sick. Looks like you had fun things to do the whole time that you were there. It's always nice to go see family:) We are trying to plan a trip to come see you guys and go see a play while we are there. Let ya know if anything comes up.
Scott and Kelli said…
It's always fun going back "home." It looks you guys had a great time.
Jenks Family said…
It was great to be able to see you this last week. So much fun.
Mikaela said…
What a great week! I'm glad you guys all had fun, despite being a little sick! It was probably nicer to be with your mom when you were sick so she could help out with your kids! :) Glad you got a nice trip and had fun with family!
I am jealous. I miss WA. Glad you had a great time-you have such cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS