The Job of A Fireman

Last weekend there was a big accident at an intersection we go through practically every day, since it's so close to our home. There was a person who died with many others injured. The morning after the accident, on our way back from a quick trip to Walmart, the intersection was closed and there was a fire truck with a ladder expanded out the whole way hanging in the air over nothing. There was a fireman at the top and from what I could tell, taking pictures for the investigation. I pointed out the fireman at the top and the kids thought that was pretty cool. Here was the conversation that I got a good chuckle out of-

Cameron: WOW! I don't want to be a fireman! That looks scary!
Melanie: I don't want to be a fire engine either!! Mom, when you grow up do you want to be a fire engine?
Mom: When I grow up I want to be a mommy. Melanie, do you know what a fire engine is?

After which I proceeded to explain the difference of a fire engine and a fireman. I thought it was funny that Melanie still thinks I have some "growing up to do"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS