Cat's out of the Bag!!

I decided 2 weeks ago that I was going to make a trip up to WA. I am in much need of a break and Cameron is off track for 3 weeks, so it's the perfect time. I am picking up Alise in Burley and so we will be going together in our van. SO MUCH FUN!!! But...my mom knew about it and wanted to surprise my dad. So, we kept it a secret until tonight when my dad called!

Rewind 5 mins. before my dad called to Melanie telling David that Grandpa didn't know we were going home, that it was a surprise.

So, back to the phone call. Melanie answered the phone. The first thing she said to grandpa was "We're coming to your house! Oh...but it's supposed to be a surprise. So, forget we are coming, okay?!!

So YES!!! We are going to Washington for a week of fun. The highlight being on Saturday celebrating Melanie and my mom's b-day, and Alex's baptism. We will be partying. It's been a long time since I've gone to WA with out David, so I will get to see a lot of friends and things I don't get to do on a quick trip!!

Comments

smcgary said…
That must be a Lee trait. It couldn't be from our side of the family! Ha ha. Leave it to Melanie to come up with a cat trick! Grandpa is keeping the kitties here, tame for your arrival: Snoopy is exhuberantly excited to see Melanie, Ice Age 1 & 2 are rattling the video drawer for Jason, the new riding toy will be a big hit with Alyssa, and Cameron will love hanging out with Grandpa. We can't wait to see you. We'll try to act surprised! :) I wonder if we can sleep tonight, what with the anticipation of the secret that's not a secret, which is no secret. Meow! (We are equally excited to see Alise & her boys!!! Dad was hoping somehow you could fit Noah, Elijah, and Trish in your van, too!

Love, Mom & Dad
marciekoch said…
How fun! Enjoy being at home...I love seeing your Mom everyday - she's such a bright ray of sunshine! :)
Ah, how fun! I'm soo jealous! Haha, and Melanie, what a bum. Those suprises always leak out from somebody!
W said…
Sounds like fun! Loved the fireman story too.
Have a fun time. That's darling about Melanie telling him. Kids just get so excited. I wish I could hop in your van and spend a week up there. A break sounds nice. Have fun!
Unknown said…
I feel bad I haven't checked your blog and you are so good at keeping it updated so I just saw you are doing a half marathon in SLC right?? I just started training for one here! Supposedly I am going to do the one in May because it is the only one around here to begin with and it is on a Saturday not very common! Have you been training long? Let me know how it goes!!!!
*~McGarys~* said…
Yup thats where I sold it.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS