Our Weekend-sorry no pictures

Friday night was our Relief Society Retreat (this happens once a year at a cabin above Park City with the women in our church that want to go.) Last year Alyssa was only 3 months old and so I didn't go, but really have been looking forward to it and wanted to go this year. I was very apprehensive in the days leading up to it though because not only did Cameron and Melanie have a soccer game Saturday morning, but Cameron was in charge of the treats for his team, they were both playing at the same time on 2 different fields and they both had team pictures afterwards! No easy feat for me who is used to juggling 4, let alone a dad who has a hard enough time at home for a few hours with all of them. So I was thinking I'd stay home for the sake of David. When Friday rolled around though, I was determined to go and just let David handle it and to have a good time (besides, this only happens once a year!)

Since it was Friday and payday, I wanted to get the grocery shopping done so that there would be food in the fridge for them. I decided to clean the house first and then go grocery shopping. I usually like to do the shopping in the morning, but have a hard time getting motivated to clean afterwards. It wears me out! And the house needed to be cleaned. So I went after Cameron got home from school. Grocery shopping takes 2 carts for me. Not that I need two carts of groceries, but just the fact that I have to corral the kiddos some how! Cameron loves to push Alyssa and so he follows me with one cart and then I push the other with Jason in the seat and loading groceries along the way. Well, it was obviously too late in the day to be doing this. Half way through Cameron was laying down at the bottom of the cart I was pushing and so I ended up pulling Alyssa's cart, Jason trying to jump out of the seat, Melanie running around and me threatening along the way. I probably looked like a psycho mommy who couldn't control her kids! As I was going down the isle I was thinking, "obviously this wasn't going through my mind when I got pregnant with all of these kids!" No one in there right mind would put themselves through this misery!! After I FINALLY got the groceries paid for and out to the van I called David to make sure he was going to be home in time. ( I thought I probably better remind him also) I should have known better than that. "you need me to be home that early?" was his response. I really didn't think 5:30 was early! So by the time I finished unloading the car I threw my pajamas in a bag, got a pillow and a sleeping bag ready. David called to tell me that the traffic was bad, but he was about 10 mins. from home. Yeah, we were leaving in 10 mins. to the cabin. So I told him to just meet me at the ladies house that everyone was already at waiting to go. So I round up the kids, shoes on again and then I find Melanie at the neighbor's house showing off her kitten (that's another post). I go walking down the street with the kids on their bikes, me pushing the stroller with Alyssa in it and carrying all of my gear with me. I looked pretty ridiculous and everyone was looking at me funny as I came strolling up and I informed them that the kids were NOT coming with me! I thought how silly was I for even thinking of staying home! I need a BREAK!!

We had a blast at the cabin. David and I are one of the youngest couples in our ward. Everyone up there was in there mid 30's or older. We have a lot of funny gal's in our ward I found out! We ate dinner when we got there and then the party started. I asked what time they went to bed and they said last year it was 4 am! So at least I knew what to expect! We did a craft and played lots of games until 3:30 am. Lots of fun memories and like our Relief Society president said today "what happens at the cabin stays at the cabin!" I was hoping to get home early enough for the soccer game. So I took the first ride home at 8:30. I didn't quite make it, so I just had the house clean when they all got home. David informed me that if that happened next year with 2 soccer games and pictures I wasn't going. He lost Jason for 10 mins. while going over to get the pictures taken. If I was thinking right, I would of had a babysitter lined up for him to watch the younger two. That will be next years plan!

I also realized that as much as I was ready to LEAVE, I was so ready to come home! I needed the break, but love my family so much. Vacations are always so much funner with them, even if it's a lot more work with the kids! I came home with renewed strength and it was even better when they came running in the door giving me big hugs and excited to tell me all about their game, and showing me their treats! Jason and Alyssa were excited for the hugs and Alyssa wouldn't let me put her down. The frustrations of the day before had all melted away and were just a distant memory soon to be forgotten.

Anyway, we had some good company over Saturday night for visiting and dinner-Greg and Brooke Nielson (who by the way live just 3 miles north from us we found out!) and Hans Hansen (David was trained by him at Lydig in Seattle while working for them) and Hans' friend John. They were down here for a Mona-vie convention in SLC over the weekend. Greg also was trained by Hans working for the same company before they moved down here. Lots of fun catching up with all. I'm sure we will be seeing Greg and Brooke more. Their little girl, Macie is so cute! She loved the little kitties to play with.

That was our fun and full weekend!

Comments

Oh, Kira--I can just see you shopping with all your kids. You are such a good mommy!! You are good to just leave your kids with your husband. I always feel like he couldn't handle it (with all the things going on--running here and there), so you are good to just do it. It's good for them too I think because then they get a little glimpse of what we do all the time. Glad you had fun and that David was able to survive the time you were away.
Enriquez Family said…
I agree with you. You need to get out! On Friday Damon was sick and Juan wanted to take him to the doctor and I told him it was just the flu. Well I told him to call and he said I dont know who to call. I said, "what would you do if i was gone?" hes all I'd figure something out. They make it and hopefully they appreciate us more huh? im glad you got out. Maybe your shoppiing was a trigger to know you needed to go! I wish we had those.
Jenks Family said…
that is so funny- i would have loved to see you walking down the street. we all need some good "ME" time
W said…
I'm so glad your weekend worked out for you. I think we all have those days at the grocery store too.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS