Girls

I love having 2 boys and 2 girls. I don't know how we got so lucky to work that out! And now that Alyssa is getting bigger, soon Melanie will be playing all of the fun girl things with her. Last night after laying down the kids for bed, David and I started a movie that we had rented. The first 15 mins. Alyssa was crying, so I went up there with a glass of water to give to her. She is always thirsty. Alyssa was in her crib with her blanket and a pillow. Melanie was awake and told me that Alyssa was pointing and she didn't know what she wanted. So she had thrown in the pillow thinking that was what she wanted. I gave Alyssa the drink of water and then I layed her back in her crib. Of course Alyssa wasn't too happy with that, but I knew she'd be asleep soon. After the movie was over I went in to the girls' room to make sure the blanket was on Alyssa. It got cold last night! When I walked in I just had to smile. Moments like these are just the most precious EVER!!
The next morning Melanie told me that she was patting Alyssa's back and Alyssa was falling asleep. And she said it was easier to do it in her crib. What a good big sister!! I just put a blanket over Alyssa and shut the door.

I wanted to get a picture because I regret I never got a picture of Cameron and Melanie before I had Jason of the CUTE thing they did. I will just explain. When we were in Las Vegas the summer Jason was born, we had rented furniture in our apartment. In the kids' room was a queen bed and right up next to that was Melanie's crib. When they would fall asleep and I'd go check on them, several times they were holding hands between the crib slats, sleeping. I so wish I had that picture!

It is so fun to hear the boys and girls talking in their rooms at night together after we put them down. I just love it and know they will fall asleep eventually! They are growing up so much and I love it!

Comments

Such a cute story and picture. I'm proud of you for capturing that. Pictures can speak louder than words and your girls will appreciate it one day. Glad you finally finished Breaking Dawn. What a nice break for you to get out and just read. I usually lock myself in my bedroom. :)
That is too precious! I just love those moments. So SWEET!!!
marciekoch said…
Oh man...I know what you mean! I can't wait to hear her speech tonight!!!
Jenks Family said…
that is so cute, i love the little things like that. it makes all the hard times worth it. see you this weekend?????
*~McGarys~* said…
That is so cute! You for sure have great kids and now that I have two I know that you are a very brave mommy to have 4. I can see things like this with my two and I love it!
Smith Stuff said…
Oh my goodness your family has grown so!! They are all just beautiful!!!! Congrats congrats. I bet you're having so much fun with them!
Susanna said…
How cute! This makes me think I want our kids to share a room as well. What precious moments.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS