Goodbye Froggy!!

Well, the toad and the frog have left us! Actually we let them go. The toad was the first to leave. He didn't last a week with us. He never ate any of the crickets we fed him and looked to be on drugs (if you can be for a toad!). He was jumping around in the tank all crazy. Cameron was more than happy to get rid of him. The frog was the only one who ate and with a frog or toad, that's the (only) exciting thing to watch it do.

I have to admit, it was fun to put the live cricket in the tank and see it walk around and then watch the frog get into position and then jump and catch it in the air. Landing in the water or upside down. One time before we let the toad go, we put in a cricket. The cricket walked around and finally walked up on the toads back. The toad didn't move at all! Then the frog jumped up and ate it off of it's back! It was seriously the coolest time he got one. And Cameron freaked out about that!! "WOW! DID YOU SEE THAT, DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT WAS SOOO AWESOME!!" It looked pretty cool! I wished I got that on video!!

So after all that excitement you might be wondering why would we give this awesome frog away? Well...I picked up a frog book at the library last week. It was about a boy who found a frog in a pond behind his house. He saw it eat a bug and thought it was cool. So he took it in his house, put it in a tank with a rock and water. The frog didn't eat and it looked sad. He saw out his window other frogs at the pond playing and happy. He thought his frog was sad because he was lonely. So the next day he took it back out to the pond and it began to croak and eat again. After me reading it several times to Cameron and he reading the book to me, Cameron said he wanted to let his frog go in a pond. After making sure about it-this frog thing is a one time thing around here. We would have to drive 12 hours to get another one! So, Monday night we took it down the road where I had seen a pond and let it go. I swear the frog was singing "FREE, FREE AT LAST!" He hopped as fast as he could into the water. So after we got into the car, Cameron was sad and said how he wanted the frog back! Oh, boy...he hasn't said anything about it since.
The cats are fairing a little better-they're still here. Melanie is the best little mother to those kittens! If you ask Melanie the names, they change weekly! They were first "Princess and Sparkle" then it was "Sparkle and Heart" and then it was "Heart and Belle" Sounds a lot like "my little pony" names! She is out the door (sometimes she sneaks out) showing all the neighbors her new friends every day. The first week we had ALL the neighbor kids here to see and hold them every day after school. Seriously, have these kids EVER seen baby kittens before?! It got pretty old after a while. I really had to bite my tongue and let Melanie have her fun with it. I am NOT an animal lover and so this is very hard for me to have them. I didn't think cat's smelled, but have changed my mind about that! Last night I got a kitty litter box and put bedding in it for them to sleep in. At night I bring it into the garage. Why they don't make outside little boxes for cats, I don't know. But these are not indoor cats. So I had to get the liter box to make it into an outside box. It works great!

So that's where we are with animals these days. Hopefully there won't be a post soon like the frogs for the kittens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS