Our Trip to Washington

What a wonderful weekend! It was short, sweet and so worth the traveling time to go to WA. We arrived Friday night and enjoyed dinner with the family at Ryan & Melissa's. We spent the nights at my parents house and as always they got spoiled with grandma and grandpa's time!
The wedding was Saturday morning and so we left the kids with my mom and went in to town early that morning. As always, I love to see and witness temple weddings. Brings back so many great memories for me and the spirit is so strong there. My mom brought our kids after so they could see Caleb and Rebecca come out of the temple. Melanie was so excited to see them! She talked so much to me before about Becca getting married to her boyfriend. It's a fairy tale come true to her! After the luncheon my mom offered to take the kids back home with her and bring them to the reception that night. I cannot tell you how nice it was for just David and I to relax for a few hours! Thank you so much mom! You are SO AWESOME!! My dad was hunting in ID and came home that night. Cameron was SOOO excited to see him! He was pretty bummed when we got there Friday night and grandpa wasn't there, so I'm glad he got home in time.
The cherry on top of the weekend was Caiden's baby blessing (Chris and Andrea's baby) Sunday morning. We left after that. We thought we would roll in at midnight, but were glad when it was only 11:20 pm.

Before we went to WA, the kids had a few requests from grandma and grandpa McGary: a kitty for Melanie and a frog for Cameron. Well, you can't have one without the other this time 'cause we came home with 2 white kittens (from my grandparents McGary) and 1 frog and 1 toad for Cameron (these were found the night before we left on the way home from the reception). They were so excited to have these animals that they have been begging for for so long! And we had an aquarium we had left at my parents a few years back and so that's the frog's home. My dad got creative and now they live in a real life vegetation! Our car came home a little fuller!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Looks like lots and lots of fun!
5dollarFanatic said…
Sounds like you had a fun trip. I feel the same way about temple marriages. I took my beehives to to baptism last Saturday and they loved to see the brides come out. I hope they were all picturing themselves there someday. Rebecca looked beautiful thanks for sharing pictures. Let me know how the pets go. I have decided to wait a while before we get our next pet-due to near death experiences. LOL!!
smcgary said…
We loved your visit, as usual. It was a treat for us. We crammed as much Grandma/Grandpa time in as we could. Good thing Grandpa came home and saved the day, making the grandkid's dreams come true. Cameron is a full fledged frog farmer, and Mellie has two cats to mother. We love you and your family. Love, Mom & Dad
Scott and Kelli said…
I am glad you had a good weekend, I just love going home. Looks like you had some happy kids with their animals, good luck with that!
The McGary's said…
What a fun weekend! Your family is so adorable. You can always count on G. McGary having kittens running around:)
*~McGarys~* said…
Looks like you had some good fun:) Mels hair looks cute!
Mikaela said…
What a fun weekend...Rebecca looks so beautiful! Sounds like you had quite a fun time at home...Way to go for Melanie to get her kittens! hehe! Sorry, I know you weren't too excited about that...are they indoor or outdoor?! I was hoping we'd be able to bribe you guys over to our house so your kids could play with our cats! :) Maybe we still can sometime soon...
Lauren Stewart said…
KIRA! your family is so BEAUTIFUl. I can't believe how big everyone is and you look amazing! Can't believe you are a mother of 4. See you guys soon!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS