Hair, Hair Hair!

Okay, as many of you know I have A LOT of hair! It is thick, coarse and sort of wavy/curly. It was always the hardest thing for me in Jr. High/High School to figure out how to make it straight. It never would come out completely straight with a curling iron, which frustrated me to no end. I even took my showers at night just so I could pull my wet hair back into a low pony tail held by a scrunchy, followed by another scrunchy, and another, and if I could fit another one at the end I would put yet another scrunchy in. Then the next morning I would blow dry the damp hair and I thought it worked pretty good, so I don't know how long I kept that up for.
3 years ago, after Jason was born I decided I was going to grow my hair out. Of course there have been many trims and small cuts along the way, but nothing like what I had done before when I got sick of my hair and wanted a "new do". Surprisingly I never got sick of my hair along the way of it growing. Only those with thick hair know the time it takes to blow dry and then to go back and curl it. I have always looked at Brooke Shields and Faith Hill and can relate to their hair, it too is very thick. After all these years I think I have finally come to a place where I LOVE my hair. A lot of the time it is pulled back into a pony tail, but love it when it's actually "done".

Anyway, the purpose for this entry is to give a BIG shout out and THANK YOU to whom ever it was that invented the FLAT IRON!! The key tool to getting it straight! Why it took so long to be invented is beyond me, but then again I can't see how people lived so long with going to the bathroom outside!

So here is a picture of me with my hair all done. (In case you're wondering it takes about an hour from wet hair to this!)

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Ahh I love it! I want long hair for this reason! I am growing it out, but when I got my hair cut last... Umm... my layers are a little on the short side. BUt atleast lenghth is there?? A mullet? I dont know... My motivation... you!
*~McGarys~* said…
You look amazing! My hair is not growing fast enough. I think by this time next year it might be where i want it:) Don't ever cut it. lol
Scott and Kelli said…
Your hair looks so great long. I wish I had the patience to grow mine out!
Ashley Harris said…
Ah Kira! You're beautiful! There is some serious hair envy going on right now! Have a wonderful day!
5dollarFanatic said…
Your hair is so pretty long-I am glad you are enjoying it. I am growing my hair out too-because Joe has never seen it long.
Mikaela said…
It looks so good. I love the highlights...It's really pretty totally straight too! :)
The McGary's said…
you have the hair I dream of having!! It is beautiful. If I had thick hair I would love to have long hair(maybe not for the time it requires to do but for the look) My hair is so fine that when it gets long it just looks scraggly and nasty even right after it is combed. I love it, you're so beautiful. Now I want to grow my hair out but I will quickly be reminded that my hair will never look like that and then I will chop it off yet again! ahhhhhh
LOve the hair and am wishing mine looked that good. I'm growing mine out, but I don't have the thick hair that I wish I had. So needless to say it will never look like that. You're beautiful.
Carly Andelin said…
I was just noticing in your family picture on the top that your hair is so pretty. I also have very thick and wavy hair, and so I full heartily agree that the flat iron was one of the best inventions, ever! I love my flat iron, and was so worth the money I spent. I'm working at getting mine long again--Mike LOVES it long.
Deborah Austin said…
I love it!! You look so cute. It is fun to post a picture of you sometimes because we don't get to see you as often. I love the flat iron too. They are the best!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS