Namibia Hunt Successful!!!

Well, I haven't talked to my dad yet but he arrived safe and sound at home last night around 10 pm. Lots of stories to tell and pictures to go with them!! I'm excited to hear the scoop on it all. Here are pictures of the not so lucky animals. Lynn and my dad were in heaven, so I heard with the experience. Something to remember forever! The only picture not here is the warthog, which he shot. He's waiting to get it from Lynn's camera.
This one is a Springbuck:
A Gemsbuck
A Jackal (this one was an extra animal he bought while he was there. Looks like that one would be hard to shoot it's so little!)
Hartebeast, shaking hands with his guide.
Lynn and my dad next to the safari truck they drove around on top of.
And the Kudu. Those antlers are AWESOME!! With the trackers next to him.Dad sent an email the first day saying that the place they stayed at was very hospitable and everyone was really nice. I'm glad that it was such a great trip. My mom was nervous before he left. She thought pirates would kidnap them while there. She's glad he's home!!
P.S. I just talked to my dad and he LOVED it! He was so glad he got to go and would love to go with his 3 boys someday. Since they are all hunters and love to be around each other, that would be a blast!! He also said that for lunch they would pull out chairs out of the back of the truck, set up a table with a table cloth and eat out on the trail. They were gone all day. They also got to taste all of the meat they caught. I guess they can't bring the meat home, just the hide and antlers. So the meat is from what other hunters caught before them. He said he liked the Gemsbuck meat the best. I wondered if it tasted gamey and he said it didn't at all. Dad said that the warthog's were the cutest to watch. The mothers with their babies running behind them and their little tails sticking straight up in the air. He shot a male warthog. Lynn shot a zebra, which would be a really pretty hide.

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
ACTUALLY! it was Grandma that was scared! haha! dad calls her mom and so to us thats our mom,. but our mom said it was grandma that was having the dreams!! HAHAHAH!! lol!
The McGary's said…
Those are some cool looking animals! I can only imagine it was pure bliss for him being over there.
THOSE ARE INCREDIBLE PICTURES! How exciting for him. Gosh, that must have been like living up a dream
That is absolutely crazy. What an experience. The animals amaze me....we truly have a God don't we? Everything is so unique and perfectly planned. I'm glad he's home safe and sound.
Jenks Family said…
Garrett wants to go so bad one day, I told him when he runs into some extra money than he can.
Mikaela said…
Those are some great pictures. What an adventure.

Also, I HAVE your little surprise, and I am SO LAME! I will try to get it sent out this week, from WA and all! :) Sorry, sorry, sorry!
smcgary said…
Dad can die a happy man, now. He had a great time. I was so excited for him to be able to go. Grandma McGary kept dreaming he would get arrested for selling drugs, or least be framed for selling drugs. (Ibuprofin??) Isn't that hilarious? I wasn't worried at all. He was literally chasing his dream. I'm glad he could go.

Mom (Tamlee)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS