Happenings

Not a lot going on around here, but a few things I wanted to write down. I took Cameron into the urgent care last night. He slipped on water that Alyssa had spilled on the kitchen floor and his toes jammed into a chair. We thought is was fine at first, but he kept complaining and limping and then when I looked at it before bed his 4th toe was all black and blue and had a red line on the skin from bleeding under the skin. So we thought it best to take him in last night rather than wait till today and take him out of school. After x-rays, no break so that was good. Even though it wasn't broken I was glad I took him in just to get the piece of mind. It looked worse this morning so I know I for sure would have taken him in today if I didn't last night.

David took off for a business trip to Hawaii. I know, work is tough when you have to go to Hawaii. I think this will be a good break for him. He will be home on Sunday, so it's a long trip.

Yesterday Jason was asking to watch a movie. I told him "no, it's Sunday". He walked out on to the porch, looked at the sky and said "no it's not Sunday, the sun's not out!" To cute!!

The kids keep talking about our new baby. Cameron is determined that it's a boy, because "Heavenly Father goes in patterns!" Melanie is hoping for a girl, of course. But they are all excited to help out what ever it is. Cameron practiced cracking eggs for breakfast and toasted the bread. He really wanted to do it all by himself. During breakfast Melanie said "these are the best eggs ever!" I think that helped to boost Cameron's cooking abilities up a notch!! When we walked out to the car to go to school he said he "was so excited to make breakfast when the baby comes." I hope that their enthusiasm is still there in 7 months! I am going to need all the help I can get!

I went to the gym today and did some walking on the treadmill. I had stopped for a few months and it has shown, both on the scale and my behind! I was SHOCKED when I got weighed at my first visit last week. Usually I weigh what I did AFTER the baby is born at my 6 week check up, not before. A little depressing, but enough motivation to get me back to the gym which I need anyway!

I am looking forward to July. I need a vacation badly. The kids will have a 3 week break for summer and I am going to use that with all I got. Get me out of the house, even if it's just to the pool!!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
Im coming back at the end of July! I wanna go to the water park. Im bringing Juan with me! YA WHOO!! Im excited! Take care! I went walking today too, tonight im going to the gym!
*~McGarys~* said…
Well we are up for camping and Colby's Graduation. so that's a few things to get out.
I'm catching up on reading blogs and just read about you being pregnant!! What? That's awesome. Last I talked to you, you said maybe next year. Guess you couldn't resist. Hope you start feeling better. I hate that part of pregnancy so bad!
Sounds like life is good. I think that's cute about Cameron's cooking. I can't wait to see the new baby. Maybe God will work in a pattern for your family. Your kids are darling. Hope you keep feeling well and all goes well.
When I heard that David was going to Hawaii for work, I was very jealous. I've never been, and he's going..for work? blah...someday, someday. As for working out, I feel the same way. It's much harder motivating yourself to go work out by yourself. Especially when you feel like there's so much that needs to be done around the house. Well, it all works out, right :)
Jenks Family said…
congrats on the baby, your mom told me about a month ago and I was just waiting to tell you congrats. I can't believe that this is 5 for you. crazy
Jenks Family said…
You need to plan a trip to disneyland you kids are a good age to go. they would love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS