Mother's Day picnic & a visit to the farm!!

Cameron was so excited today because it was picnic with the mom's at school day. The other kids were way excited also because who doesn't love a picnic? So I packed 5 lunches with the usual home made sack lunch food: sandwich, chips, grapes, oreos and juice, grabbed our blankets and headed over to the school. We met Cameron outside of his classroom and then walked out on to the lawn. After getting situated and all the kids happy with the many baggies and drinks to open, I smell lots of good food! I thought wow, someone brought some hot food. I looked around me and EVERYONE that didn't get the school sack lunch food, brought fast food!! I couldn't believe it. I told the lady next to me her KFC chicken smelled really good compared to my non-smelling sandwich. She said by the 4th kid you just go through the drive thru, much easier. I did enjoy my light lunch and the kids didn't seem to mind, or even notice we didn't get a happy meal. Cameron did point out that one kid had a hamburger. I guess our sack lunches were a treat to them compared to normal lunches at our house which is usually just a sandwich! The kids loved it and the weather was PERFECT!!

Cameron gave me his mother's day card they made today and let me just say that he made my mother's day already!! On the inside of the card were spots for the student to write in what he thought. The italics are Cameron's own words-

Mother
My mother is 20 years old.
My mother is 15 inches tall.
My mother weighs 15 pounds.
My mother likes to wear her purple coat.
My mother likes to eat pizza.
My mother doesn't like to eat all day.
While I am at school my mother makes lunch.
I love my mother because she is fun to play with!!!!!
Love you mom, Love, Cameron
I feel so YOUNG and SKINNY!!! I had to laugh at me making lunches while Cameron is at school. He thinks I'm home all day!!
Then we went across town to the Wheeler Historic Farm that sits right in the middle of the city. You really feel like you are at a farm because it's so big, but then you come to the fence and see million dollar homes on the other side. I wonder if they enjoy sitting in their pool smelling pigs!! We sure looked like the typical city kids that looked like they had never seen real animals! "look mom, look a rooster!" They were so excited to see all of the animals. Melanie definitely has the motherly instinct. She was interested in the baby animals. That's what she was oohing and aahing over. We made the mistake of bringing the bikes and scooters. That worked great in the cement parking lot and first 100 yards out to the animals and then we hit dirt, rocks and uneven spots and I was doing a lot of pushing, pulling and carrying while trying to push Alyssa in the stroller. We'll leave the "city gear" behind next time!
I feel like I got a lot of sun today but am hoping I don't have raccoon eyes by tomorrow! The sunglasses were on through it all and I'm sure everyone can notice!!
Happy Mother's Day to everyone, especially to my mom and David's mom!! Right now Avocado Egg Rolls at the Cheese Cake Factory are sounding REAL nice! Maybe I can convince David to take me there tomorrow. It won't be hard since he loves them too!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
That sounds so fun! can you imagine? you 20 again? with a 7 year old... somethings not right!
Enriquez Family said…
That sounds so fun! can you imagine? you 20 again? with a 7 year old... somethings not right!
I love this post! I love hearing what kids have to say about their moms! Doesn't it make you feel so great? I can't wait to have my own little one to tell me how beautiful I am.
What a fun day. You are young & beautiful!!! Happy Mother's Day to you.
The McGary's said…
I love that card! I like how he said you don't like to eat all day, that would explain the 15 lbs:) Too cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS