The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The dentist. Something to anticipate, dread and rejoice(?) about!

The good news: Jason, Melanie and Cameron went to the dentist today and they ALL loved it and had such a good experience. They got their teeth x-rayed, cleaned and poked and prodded at. I think the 2 month build up of this trip helped Melanie because she was REALLY scared when I first mentioned it. So we worked up to it by talking about it A LOT and waiting for a good coupon in the mail to come. I think I must have worried about it also because after the appointment was made, I dreamed that Melanie had cavities in all her teeth and they were going to take them all out and replace them with gold ones. Glad that was just a dream. But I was so nervous walking in today! Why is all the weight on a mother's shoulder and the guilt!!?

The bad news: We did walk out with cavities. Jason has 4 in his back molars, top and bottom and Cameron has them in 4 of his bottom molars.

And the ugly: Melanie has 8 in her molars, flossing cavities. Her teeth are so close together that when food gets in there, it won't come out with out some help. She was not very happy with me. "Mom, you didn't brush my teeth good!!" Thanks, Melanie. Hit me again! So the $40/kid has turned in to a total whopping $1600 on my conscience until I get it fixed. I need a money tree in my back yard!

Comments

Mikaela said…
Oh man! Why is the dentist SO expensive? I swear it isn't right or fair. We have dental insurance, but it's still spendy. Good luck growing that $$$ tree. When you get the combo right, let me know! ;) hehe!
That's funny that Melanie's first thought was why didn't YOU do it. ugh...I hope I remember to do all those things for my kids. We have OUR dentist appointment tomorrow (Caleb and I), but LUCKILY our bishop is a dentist. With Caleb's two front teeth being fake and constantly chipping, it's been a blessing to have him around. He's done serveral jobs FOR FREE! Maybe that will be my next post :)
Melissa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said…
Yeah, I just walked out of the dentist with a $700 bill this last week......so much for not going to the dentist for 4 years! Now I need to take the kids!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS