The Curse of the Ice Cream Man

I remember when I was little of going to the Pasco swimming pool for a day, usually it was a Saturday. I also remember hearing the music coming from the ice cream truck up the road and stopping right next to the park. Of course all of the kids came running up to it, waving their money and walking away with a big grin on their faces and the ice cream of their choice in hand. I too got excited about this and always wanted to buy the "special" ice cream that only came from that truck! Well, the fond memories of that have turned into dread when I hear the ice cream man's song-It's a small world after all! Yes, it is a small world when the ice cream man comes up our road almost everyday in the summer. It is particularly annoying when I have just laid down for a nap, with the kids all quiet and I hear the dreaded music starting up our street. The kids run out with the coins they have so carefully collected from their piggy banks to spend it on ice cream that will be gone in 2 minutes. Sometimes I will let them get it, and sometimes I won't. Yesterday Melanie felt the need to get some ice cream and instead of going to her piggy bank, she went to mine (my purse). I didn't find it out until after the fact when I saw $70 sitting on the counter. Hhhmmm, where could that much money come from?! I found out that Melanie had spent $4 of the original $74 that was in my purse that I was saving to make the girls quilts for their beds. I was NOT a happy mommy!!! I guess she was nice enough to think of others through all of this and was very generous to share "her" found money with Jason. They didn't get to enjoy their ice cream though. I threw it in the garbage. What a mean mom! She learned a lesson on stealing yesterday. I was sure glad there was as much money left over as there was. I guess it could of been a lot worse and she would of had a lot of IOU's in my "piggy bank".

Comments

Mikaela said…
Wow! You really were lucky that she brought the change back and all of that...how frustrating. Hats off to you for throwing away the ice cream, though!
Jenks Family said…
How funny!!! The cookie cutters work great, they don't melt but make sure you spray them really well with pam before putting the batter in.
Enriquez Family said…
Fun Kira! We gotta try that when Im there! the pancake thing! I have a ton of cookie cutters! FUN FUN! We could even ya know make sugar cookies! ;)
Sorry but that story brought a smile to my face. You're awesome about sticking to punishment.
*~McGarys~* said…
Thanks Kira! I had tried a new may of doing my hair so I had to capture the moment. lol
I loved the Ice Cream truck too. Every time that i hear it I still want to get ice cream there. Then Colby reminds me that we can buy a lot of Ice Cream for that price. hehe
Holy cow, am I ready for a baby??? Not that babies do this, but they grow. Neither Caleb or I know how to disipline very well. We just melt if kids make a sad face. But this story is quite funny!
Andrea Lee said…
Your life is always full of good stories.. of which are usually about melanie. She has quite the personality!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS