There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays!

Well, we attempted to go to WA and it just wasn't meant to be. We left Tuesday night with plans to drive all night but just before Ogden we read on the reader over the freeway that I-84 was closed at the Idaho border. So we turned around and drove the hour back home, parked the packed truck in the garage and slept in our nice cozy bed!

It's a good thing we didn't go. Christmas morning there was a blizzard outside here. We don't know how much it snowed because the drifts were so high! It was so crazy. We brought the cats in and they stayed in the bathroom all day and night. And it's still snowing a lot, but it's not windy so it looks pretty!!

While I made the traditional Candy Cane coffeecake breakfast Christmas Eve, David and the kids decorated a ginger bread house. They had fun doing that and it kept them busy. We also did the traditional story in the bible, Luke Chapter 2 before bed. The kids had fun dressing up in the scrap fabric I gave them.

















Cameron was the first one awake Christmas morning, 4:30! And of course he woke up ALL of the other kids. I just layed in front of the tree and curled up in a blanket next to Alyssa who wasn't ready to be awake either. The kids played with stocking and Santa toys until 7 am. We told them they had to wait until then to open anything wrapped! Our power went out for a couple hours around 9 am. I felt sorry for whoever had to fix that Christmas morning, but glad they did!!
It was a fun day. The excitement of Christmas never ceases to amaze me. I'm also relieved that we can just enjoy being inside the house without the driving. Hope you all had an enjoyable and warm Christmas also!

Comments

Mikaela said…
Wow what an early morning for you...and a bit of a bummer to not get to go to WA! I was going to go after Christmas, but didn't really want to drive on bad roads the entire way. Looks like you all had a great Christmas at home though!

I love the story of SD! How funny! I bed David would be really fun to have as a 12 or 13 year old!
Mikaela said…
Oh, and I think you have way more snow around your house than we do at ours! It is crazy to me, that 30 minutes away from us is so much worse! Keep it down south! haha!
Enriquez Family said…
Glad you had a great christmas! Missed you but hey... Better safe than sorry! And I love Davids cape!
We tried to go on Sat. The roads where so bad that we had to turn around. I was so sad. That sucks your power went out.:)
Wow! I'm glad you were able to be safe and sound at your house. We kept hearing on the news how you were getting pounded out there. Sorry you missed WA but it looks like you had a great CHristmas. The kids look excited and it looks like a lot of fun. I thought that was cute about Super Dave. What a great example!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS