Baseball

David had his last baseball game last night for the season. They won 12-4 this game and got 2nd in their bracket. He loved it and I think that he's glad it's over. I'm glad it's over. It wasn't that it was that big of a deal, but just one more thing to remember. David would take Cameron to a couple of his late night games that would start at 9:30, too late for the other kids. Cameron liked that. Other times we would usually go and watch. I was mostly in the bathroom taking the kids, helping get drinks and trying to keep them some what corralled during the games. I think that David liked us to be there anyways. Here's a few pictures. Of course I remember the camera on the last game! I really did like to cheer on David and watch him play one of the sports he enjoyed in high school. Football and wrestling just aren't available anymore. He has picked up on golf the last few years and finds a way to work that into his schedule at least once a week! So, until next year...
I should also mention that David's 10 year reunion is this weekend. He would have really liked to have been there. Sounds like it'll be a great turn out for those who do go. It's hard sometimes to live so far away. It's really not convenient for anything. You no longer have a school to cheer for, family to visit spontaneously, memories that you see everyday from when you were younger, FREE BABYSITTING for goodness sake, and all of the other many things you get to do from the conveniences of living close to family and home. I guess that this is my trial more than David's. I'm the one with the kids all day and it gets very wearing after a while of never getting a break unless I have to pay someone. So of course it doesn't happen often! There's just nothing like home and your family. (This is not a pity party, just a little venting. We really love it in Utah and have come to realize that we will never move from here. I just hope that our kids live in Utah when they grow up so we can be close to them!)

Comments

*~McGarys~* said…
Looks like fun! Hey I think that we might be down there Sept. for Colby's mission reunion? We might have to stop in and say hi!
Enriquez Family said…
"Shake that thing... Show me what you workin' with... shake that thing..." Should be Melanies theme song. How funny. I can just imagine it is whats so funny. What a crazy girl. I was just laughing at the last part of your post about Cameron. "He is kung foo fighting..." hahah!
marciekoch said…
Kira,
I had dinner wtih Lindsay Poulson last night and we started talking about our reunion next year - so hopefully we can set the date early so people can plan ahead and we can get a good turn out. I actually would love to go to David's class reunion tonight - it makes me sad to know they're all down at Michael Jay's, but I can't go!!!
I hear you on the family - I don't even have kids and I can't imagine living far away from my family. You guys are brave!!
Marcie
The McGary's said…
I only live an hour away from family so many times we do get to see them but I hear ya on the babysitting thing. I think Chad and I have been out less than five times in 2 1/2 years without kids because we are too cheap to get a babysitter. We finally broke down a few weeks ago and got a babysitter for the first time (one that we actually had to pay), it's just that much less you can spend on whatever you are doing because you have to tack on the babysitting bill. Soon you will have one old enough to babysit for you and then HAPPY DAYS!!
The McGary's said…
but not soon enough!! sorry I forgot that part in my statement about the kids old enough to babysit:)
Mikaela said…
We missed you guys at the reunion, but of course we understand how it goes sometimes...hopefully we can get you out to the next one in 10 years...YIKES!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS