Summer Here We Come!!

Well, it doesn't look like it outside but it is SUMMER!! And we are EXCITED!! We got some fun things planned and I already see this month flying by. Can you believe that the kids had field day in the gym instead of outside because of the weather? Who would of thought we would be tempted to turn the heater on in June? Sounds like they still had a blast on their last day of school. Melanie got out on Thursday and Cameron got out on Friday. Melanie missed her field trip to the zoo on Tuesday because she was still sick, but got to go the last 2 days luckily.Here is Melanie with her teacher, Mrs. Malzer. I thought she was really good for Melanie. I thought that she would be a little more trouble for her teacher at the beginning of the year, but it was actually the exact opposite! I was more than thrilled. And I survived hearing practically every day "I don't want to go in the afternoon, I want to go to school in the morning!" They already know who their teacher is next year and Melanie has heard from other kids that she is mean. I am hoping she will be pleasantly surprised and come to really like her. I am trying to change her mind. I don't want her to start school already scared of her teacher! She really is so excited to start first grade.

Cameron is happy to go in to 3rd grade. I can't believe I will have a kid that old!! He came home from school excited because he got his best friend's phone number. Hopefully he will get to play with him this summer a little bit.

So bring on SUMMER (that would include the weather too)!!

Comments

Scott & Ali said…
i agree, this weather is the pits.
The McGary's said…
Is it just me or are the teachers getting younger? That is a sign that I am just getting older. Hope your weather turns for the better so you can enjoy your summer. I think ours has finally turned for the better.
Yeah for the end of school! Glad your kids did so well. The weather has been insane and we did turn on our heater. :) Hope you enjoy the summer time!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS