Sickness in Our Home

Wednesday night I was tossing and turning all night trying to sleep. I really couldn't figure out why I couldn't sleep. My stomach wasn't very settled. I felt like I had just eaten dinner but it really had been hours since I had. The kids had 3 free kids meals to Bajio that they got from school for reading. So we decided to cash those in Wednesday night after Cameron's football game. Let's just say Bajio did not sit with me well! I was sick all day Thursday. Luckily Jenna was extremely good for me that day. She took a nap every 2 hours exactly and slept for 1 hour with each nap. So did I. Unlucky for us I was going to do my grocery shopping that day. We had NO quick food in our house. Bread was gone, milk gone, fresh fruit gone. Didn't matter for me much since food didn't sound good at all. The kids did pretty good. They ate dry cereal, I managed to finally make some Ramen soup about 3 in the afternoon for the starving chicklens. I felt bad, but what do you do? Cameron had an author's fair that day also. I had lined up a babysitter, which I had to cancel. David was able to work his schedule so he could be there. Cameron read all the books he made in class. I wish I could have been there. Stupid flu. Aren't mother's supposed to be immune to illness? I think so! When David and Cameron got home from that David went grocery shopping. Then he took the kids out to McDonald's while I had a nice and relaxing bath. I felt a lot better but still not 100% yet. Friday I was getting my energy up and by Saturday felt completely better. It seemed to have escaped everyone more easily and hit them differently with being in the bathroom. But last night Melanie woke me up only 1 hour after I was asleep. Telling me her bed was sticky. I knew exactly what the "sticky" was when I walked in to her room. Nothing like the smell of vomit. It was ALL over her bed. Somehow she threw up, not even knowing it because when I asked her she didn't remember! Alyssa was completely missed sleeping next to her which I was so glad. I moved her in to our bed, stripped all the bedding and started laundry. Melanie got in the bathtub and washed all that yucky stuff out of her hair! Gross!! Poor girl. It didn't stop there. I heard her in the bathroom a couple times. I finally put a pull up on her since she hadn't made it both times. More laundry. No church for us today. More sleep hopefully!

Comments

smcgary said…
Sounds like Fast Sunday started for you on Thursday. :) Lucky for you the kids didn't need a nurse until after you felt better. That would have been awful. Take care. Hope you all get a nap today. :) We love you. Hugs and kisses.

Love
Mom & Dad
Oh no. HOpe you all get feeling better soon. The flu is the worst! Glad you had great kids & a husband to help you out during yours. I hope for your sake Melanie is the only one who gets hit. So sorry!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS