Summer Fun

Continuing with following our family summer calendar outings that we planned a couple months ago, our first outing being temple square, we decided to go to the Salt Lake library and Liberty Park, both in downtown Salt Lake City.

We went to the library first. Finally after circling the block 4 times, I found the underground parking entrance. Have I mentioned before how I hate downtown parking? The reason we went to the library in Salt Lake City and not just the one next to our house was I had heard how cool this library was! And it didn't disappoint. I forgot a stroller so I carried Jenna in her infant car seat, diaper bag over one arm and needing to capture every moment, the camera bag on the same shoulder. When we walked in Melanie said, "this isn't a library!" It really looked like a museum!

I heard how cool and fun the elevators were. All glass so you could see everything! We had to try it! And it was cool! Cameron didn't think so much!
He held on for dear life with both hands, crouched to the floor. We went up to the top, about 5 stories.
In the basement was where the kids' library was. They had these creatures on top of the book shelves. They reminded me of the one David made in high school in art class.
They had this room called the attic


A computer room where the kids spent most of their time playing games.
Jenna did really well and was so happy

After leaving and paying our $2.50 for parking to visit the library, we went to Liberty Park. By this time I was wondering what I was doing! The park was fun, but nothing different from any other park. The main attraction I wanted to see was the Ferris Wheel in the park. The same one that is in the movie "Charly". It must have been hidden by the trees, because I never saw it! We stayed at the park all but 30 minutes. We hit a McDonald's on the way home for an ice cream cone and called it a successful day. We won't be going back to either of those places for a while. But now we can say we have been there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS