Happy 9th Anniversary!!

We celebrated 9 years together Wednesday. Has it really been that long? That seems like a big number! I don't know about David, but I remember when we were first married I thought I, me, myself knew everything. I was ALWAYS right. My way was the only way. HA! Well, then there came a time when I wondered if I knew anything! David knew everything, was the expert at EVERYTHING and I felt like I didn't measure up as a wife and mom. And now I have come to realize and accept that I don't know EVERYTHING, but I do know SOMETHING. I am not perfect, and neither is my spouse. We are both learning and growing together. He still will say I think I am always right (which sometimes I am). The stubbornness comes out in me! I can't help that I guess. But I have learned in some ways to back off. Not let the little things brew. The biggest thing David has taught me is how to communicate. He still doesn't think I am great, but I am better than I was 9 years ago!
We celebrated with the kids. Papa Murphy's Pizza and a kids' movie! While around the table eating we were talking with the kids about our anniversary and being married in the temple. David asked each of the kids what temple they wanted to be married in. Cameron, Melanie and Alyssa said the Salt Lake Temple. Jason said the "hill temple" which is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We had a lot of fun together.
We are LOVING our new "movie room" set up! Our whole family can fit on our couch with room to spare!! I love our family and I am so glad that we get to spend forever together!!

Comments

Happy Anniversary! What a fun way to spend it. YOu have a darling family and I love the time you choose to spend together. Your outings to the library and park looked like fun too. Let Summer keep rolling huh?
The Ottley's said…
Happy anniversary! What a fun family!
Enriquez Family said…
You look gorgeous in this pic btw! STUNNING! And david seems soo much less stressed in his face! Thats a good sign! :)Cannot wait to see you guys!
Mikaela said…
Happy Anniversary! Love the cute family picture. Your baby is really growing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS