Sock Monkeys

Cameron and Melanie came home from school talking about sock monkeys. Cameron learned about them in his class. They REALLY wanted to make one and so they did jobs around the house to earn some money to buy socks. They were so excited they were willing to and wanted to do any job I told them. They folded clothes, vacuumed the house, cleaned their room, washed windows in the house, swept the front porch and back porch and washed the car windows. By this time I was out of jobs. I was kicking myself for cleaning the bathrooms that day! Oh well!! They had fun making them. As they were stuffing their socks they got bigger as they stretched out. Well that was fine for Cameron but Melanie bought the very long socks that go to the knee. Now we know NOT to buy socks that long. She stopped stuffing after she saw how long the legs were going to be. We all had a good laugh with it!! Her sock monkey looked more like a plucked turkey!! Cameron did finish his and took it to school to show his teacher. I felt really bad for Melanie. She worked so hard for that money. I thought about running to Walmart and making her one and surprise her in the morning but I was up till 11:30 finishing Cameron's. So I am thinking Easter baskets might be perfect! I really don't see the excitement in these monkeys but I guess you got to show your support for what your kids like!

Comments

smcgary said…
I LOVE sock monkeys! My 2nd grade teacher had a sock monkey that sat up in the front of the class. The kids did a great job making them. Way to go!!! (Good mama).

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS