Alyssa and St. George Weekend

Alyssa found her long lost glasses buried in the depths of the endless toy box! She was so excited. I then told her to go get dressed we were going to Walmart. This is what she came out in, dressed from head to toe. I REALLY contemplated putting a big pony tail on the side of her head to complete the outfit. But I didn't want to embarrass her (or me) anymore! And yes, we did go to Walmart like this. I tend to pick the battles I fight and if she wants to dress herself it's one less thing for me to do while heading out the door!
Wednesday night at midnight I started packing our bags and doing last minute laundry to get ready to go to St. George. David let me know that he WAS going to a convention in Las Vegas Thursday and Friday so I decided it would be funner to go than stick around the house. It was a great break from the mundane tasks at home!

Any time we travel on a trip, and it's a week day David is on the phone for most of the drive, still working. This trip was no exception. I pretty much sat there listening to his work conversations while the kids watched movies in the back for the 4 1/2 hour ride. I did get little snippets of words in between the 2 minute breaks of calls. But like always he never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge. The Lord has blessed him with an incredible mind!

Chuck and Carol were gone for the weekend in California, so we got to hang out with David's grandpa that lives with them. I think he liked the company! And of course he spoiled us by providing all the meals while we were there, which we were so grateful for.

We got in to St. George later than planned so David just decided to wait and drive to Las Vegas Friday. So Friday while David was gone I met my long lost friend Bonnie at the park near the St. George temple.
What a treat it was to see her and her two kids. I say long lost friend because we went to beauty school together in '99-'00. Then we met up for another beauty school friend, Marianne's mission farewell in the fall of '01 just after I was married. Then the last time we saw each other I had 2 kids and we went out to lunch at IHOP in Orem. Since that time she has gone on a mission, got married and has 2 little boys and I have expanded to five kids. We just found each other through blogs and facebook about a month ago.
I was sitting on a park bench feeding Jenna and there was a grandma sitting next to me that I was chatting with. Melanie and Alyssa were playing with her granddaughter in the wood chips of the playground. After she found out who all of my kids were she made the comment of how "put together they all were". I got a good laugh out of that! Really, I am LUCKY to get Alyssa's hair combed, me in the shower and Jason out of his pajamas for the day! And besides, who wants to pull up in a mini van with 4 kids towing behind you and one in your arms looking like orphans to see someone you haven't seen in 5 years??? We had to look descent!

David's parents came home early, early Sunday morning. We went to church with them. Before we left to go home David asked his dad for a blessing. I am SO grateful for the power of the priesthood. The peace David felt after was incredible. I don't want to say to much because it was so sacred for us but it just confirms to us how much the Lord knows us, each individually. He knows our struggles our triumphs our failures our desires and he knows our HEART. And David was blessed with the peace he has been looking for in his work. Our drive home from St. George was a lot different than the one down. We got to analyze and talk about what was given in the blessing and what we felt. That is why I love to go on trips. The discussions David and I get to talk about when we aren't at home. I LOVE THAT GUY!!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
oh you silly silly girl! Orahans? You should of named one Annie! then it would be perfect! Little oprhan annie! Next one ;)
What a nice weekend and break you got. I hear you on the drives. I sometimes beg Brian for a trip just so we can talk. :) It seems the car brings out all the secrets of the heart. Alyssa looked darling all dressed up. All your kids are darling and I can't imagine any of you not looking put together. Glad you both found some peace through the Priesthood. I often wonder how people live without the gospel!
smcgary said…
You have a talent for writing. You make me laugh with your descriptions. I'm so glad you got to have a getaway weekend as a family.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS