Jason at the Cardiologist

I took Jason up to Primary Children's Hospital this morning. He goes there every 6 months to see the cardiologist. And once a year he will have an Echo done. Jason has come to love the doctor because of the fun things you get. I'm glad my kids aren't scared.

An Echo is an ultra sound of the heart. Jason has a small hole in his heart next to the main valve that takes the blood out of the heart and to the body. We go to make sure the valve isn't leaking. Things haven't changed from a year ago, so that's good. We will go again next year! (Jason is waiting for the ultra sound watching the movie)
The last few years Jason has had to get sedated and that was terrible! I am glad he is older and can be still long enough. He watched Madagascar during the Echo. Yes, ALL of the movie. Can you imagine laying down and holding still for 1 1/2 hours!! Jason did awesome. I nodded off a few times during it! The lights are off and the movie is a repeat for me for the 1,000th time.They take the pictures from his chest, pointing up from his stomach and down from under his chin to get all angles of the heart. I wish the monitor were 3-D, then I might know what something was! It used to be very nerve racking when they did this and I wanted to ask so many questions. Now I just wait and let the doctor talk to me after she's gone over the echo exam. No use bugging the tech!


Jason walked away with 2 red suckers, 3 small bouncy balls and a small stretchy snake! Hooray!

Comments

*~McGarys~* said…
Thats so good that everything went well.
Wow! That is something I just learned about Jason. I am so glad that everything is going well and that he did so well. What a nerve wracking thing for you as a mom to always wonder if it's going to come back good. Thank goodness for modern technology.
Jenks Family said…
I also didn't know this about Jason. I'm glad that everything went well. that is so exciting about david and the temple work.
Enriquez Family said…
OMG! Kira soo sorry! I did totally forget that I was your bridesmaid! Yes and I loved it! sorry...
Mikaela said…
Okay, I'm not sure I could sit still for that long, and I'm not a 3 year old! So way to go for Jason! I'm glad everything looks normal, too! What a relief!
Wow...I had no idea. Could that be a problem later in life? It sounds scarey (a whole in the heart).
Unknown said…
I remember when Cooper was born he had small whole in the septum part of his heart but it finally closed almost exactly 2 years ago! I remember the echos, talk about nerve racking! Cooper was almost 2 when they said it had closed...They sure don't like to lay still do they! I love how accommdating they are to the kids! Yours sounds like a pediatric one, ours was and our dr. was great! Did you read Jennifers about her son's kidney? I love blogging I learn so much!
Jenks Family said…
kira has david done the P90X work out program? if so how did he like it?

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS