Who Knew?

For our Enrichment this month we had a service auction. Every sister was to bring a service of their choice that they could auction off that night. The services were anonymous until you opened the envelope after it was won. Instead of money, we had points that everyone could earn by filling out a questionnaire. Some of the questions were church related. i.e. Did you read your scriptures today (5 points), Did you do your visiting teaching this month (15 points). And then there were some like, Did you exercise this week? (10 points). Anyway, one of the services that I offered was to do family haircuts. I didn't realize that that would be such a hot item. It went for the highest bid there! Also, now that word is out that I cut hair, I have done 4 haircuts this week! I think that I will continue to cut hair at this rate. If there's a demand for it, than why not? I "bought" with my points family home evening treats for a month. We love it!!

Comments

The McGary's said…
I think I would have bought that one too. Hair upkeep is way too expensive for me which is probably why my hair looks so BLAHHH all the time. There is a girl that does hair in our ward just out of her home and she makes $2000.00 a month!!! I wouldn't mind having that income just on the side. Good for you to be able to do that.
Scott and Kelli said…
What fun times! Our ward did something similar, and it was a hit. Too bad we don't live closer, because you'd have another hair cutting client! I strongly dislike moving to new places, where I have to find new Doctors, Hairdressers, Dentists, etc!

You're lucky you have that great talent!
Mikaela said…
yeah, I agree that getting your hair done is super expensive. I'm already wondering what I'm going to do when I get down there. Mine is so prematurely gray that I have to get it done every 8-10 weeks. Thankfully, my sister in law does hair, and so I generally make it down to the Tri-Cities that often, but once we move...YIKES!
5dollarFanatic said…
What a great idea...we need to do that in our ward. It would be really fun to find out the hidden talents of the sisters. Very neat.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS