Greener Lawn?

So we have these neighbors across the road from us who have the most GREEN, LUSCIOUS and THICK lawn EVER!!! Ours is looking a little on the down side with dandelions poking up here and there and just needing a little attention. So I saw my neighbor outside (who I also visit teach) and I went over to ask her what she did to make it look so great. She said "you know I think my husband puts something with beer on it." So she went in to ask. All the while I'm thinking "Beer?" So I got the special mixture that included: ammonia, Listerine, Epson salt, dish soap and yes, beer. I proceeded to ask him how he applied it and how often all the while thinking to myself how I could justify myself to buy beer at the store for my lawn. He then said that the spring application was different from the summer, in the summer you put chewing tobacco on it! Okay, at this point I really couldn't justify going to the store to buy beer AND tobacco. And then he said something about this special mixture being good for pets because it doesn't have harsh chemicals in it. I was thinking, okay so let's make them drunk instead! I guess it's a good thing we don't have pets and I guess our lawn will never look as good as theirs!

Comments

5dollarFanatic said…
We used Scott's Turf Builder on our lawn both summers-because when we both the house we had to repair spots..It works great. Our lawn was the greenest thickest on the block too. Joe really babied it.
HAHA! Actually my mom does the same things with some of her plants. She always sends some guy she works with to get it for her though. At least you have a lawn. Ours is all dirt right now.
Hauni said…
Oh the sacrifices we make to keep the word of wisdom! I probably wouldn't mind putting that stuff on our lawn but I could never go to the store and buy it. How terrible would it be to be at the check out counter and have some one you know see you!
Mikaela said…
Hey, I have no qualms about purchasing the stuff...if you're really wanting to try it, give me a few weeks and I'll be down there to help you out! LOL, j/k! That is hilarious...maybe you could just pay the guy to mix up the stuff for you! :)
Jenks Family said…
kira- are you sure they are not pulling your leg on the beer???? your a great one to joke around with. tell me if you decided to try it. jilayne
The McGary's said…
that's funny, I was just waiting for you to say just kidding but.......it never came. Our lawn is pretty bad and could use some perking up itself. I can't figure out why it is so dry we water it plenty.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS