Fantastic Weekend Vacation!!!

Last weekend was just what our family needed! We drove up to WA. for Matthew Kelly's baptism. We got up bright and shiny at 4 AM (After going to bed at 1:45 AM. I realized mother's day was the next weekend and so I got ambitious and instead of buying gifts I made them the day before we left so I could save on shipping!) Anyway, up at 4 and several changes in the driver's seat and 12 hours later, we were at my parents home. We love to pull into the basin, so fresh and airy and so relaxing!! My mom was all ready with dinner and for the Modbe party she hosted that night. Thank you ALL who came. It was so fun to see everyone. Our trips are too short to get any good visiting in with friends, so it was nice to see you!

We left that night and went to Melissa and Ryan's in Connell. They now live in Chuck and Carol's old home. Melissa is amazing! For someone who can host family for 2 days, have meals ready, birthday party to put on, church calling to do, plan a baptism AND still be calm and put together by the end is amazing! Melissa, you're not only a super mom but you are a super WOMAN!!

I did another Modbe party Saturday morning at Melissa Koch's that was another big hit! Thank you Melissa. I love to do those parties. They are so much fun. And it is even funner when everyone is trying on the clothes and love them. Then to make the decision of what to buy...? It was great to see Marcie and Connie also. It's been years and so it was fun to catch up!

The kids loved the open space and cousins to play with. With that many boys, how can you get bored with all those toys? Melanie LOVED all the pets and let Melissa know that. She is more like a Lee in that way. Animal LOVER!! Too bad mom isn't as much.

The baptism of course was the highlight of the weekend. It was so great for our kids to see their cousin baptized. Matthew, you're a great example.

We got to spend one last night with my parents Sunday night. When we pulled in to their house, Cameron said "yeah, I remember this place! They have waffles!" I guess for a picky eater, he is great when it comes to breakfast. We love our breakfast food. So of course we got spoiled and mom cooked up a huge breakfast, waffles included before we left. The kids really like to do the farm chores with grandpa in their sprinkler boots (feed the cows, chickens and dog) and so got to do that right before we left. Thanks mom and dad! We also brought home 1/2 a beef with us. We were packed coming home!

We had a blast and the kids do really well with the drive. It's also nice for David and I to talk for 12 hours. In that way I really love the distance!

Thanks everyone who helped to make the vacation so much fun!

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
There's something about road trips! I love them! Juan and I jsut get to talking, and reminissing about the old days. So much fun! Congrats on the partiers you are!
The McGary's said…
sounds like you had a great time. I am glad to hear your parties were such a hit.
I love going to WA to visit family. It doesn't happen enough for us. Glad you had a great time!
Jenks Family said…
kira it was great to see you this last weekend, the party was so much fun to just sit and visit with everyone. Hope to see you again soon. jilayne
Mikaela said…
Wow, sounds like a super busy weekend for you! You must have some super good kids to travel all that way and you had only good things to say about them traveling! :) Glad you got to come "home" for a while.

I've heard good things about Melissa's kids too. One of my sisters was saying how they all sit perfectly still through sacrament meeting and stuff. I've never witnessed this myself due to the fact that I'm making several trips out to the foyer, to a dark room, and even to the carseat when I'm visiting church in Connell! All I can say is I'M JEALOUS!
That's so fun you went to WA. We are long over due. I agree with you that there is something in the atmosphere up there that even I get homesick for. I love the drive with Brian but after about 5 hours I'm through. Unfortunately we have 11 more to go. :) I bet everyone up there loved the Modbe wear. How fun! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.
Susanna said…
Kira, you have such a cute family! It is fun to see how much Cameron and Melanie have grown. I can't believe it! This will be fun to be able to keep in contact with you. Your vacation sounds like fun. It is always great to get away for awhile.
i am so glad youi got to go....and jealous too! glad your parties went well. what did you make for mother's day? you are another SUPER WOMAN...and don't you forget it! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS