"On The Lord's Errand"

David left today. Destination, Philippines. Total days gone, 12! This will be the LONGEST we have been away from each other since being married and the LONGEST for me with all 5 kids by myself. I am okay though, right? I am thinking like the Little Engine that could, "I think I can, I think I can." I am going to stay positive and stay busy with goals for me to accomplish everyday around the house. Like my kitchen cabinets that need to be cleaned out and organized! I always feel better in a clean and organized house.

David will be gone when the kids start the first week of school next week, so I was so glad when he remembered to give each of the kids a father's blessing before he left. I wasn't thinking that far into the future and would have been so sad if that didn't happen before school. After all of the kids received their blessings, I got one to. I was crying before it even started. Nothing unusual for me though. I am WAY to emotional and I will admit that. And I will also admit that I hate it. I wish there was a switch I could turn on and off for the tears. It was a beautiful blessing filled with many things for me to record in my hand written journal I keep to write down the "to spiritual to share or need to vent journal". But there was one thing David said that surprised me. He said that David was on the Lord's errand. After the blessing was over and we were getting kids out into the van and gathering up last minute stuff in the house I mentioned to David how I never looked at this trip as being on the Lord's errand, just a business trip. He said "Neither did I!" Of course this business he is doing was never coincidental and the Lord's hand has been in every part of it and so it still continues on, even when we don't see it or recognize it. It was a good reminder of who is really in charge. We are His voice and His hands and feet helping to move the most important work forward. I will be okay. If David is helping the Lord, than He is watching over me while I am fulfilling MY most important work, at home.

Comments

Wow! Good luck. 12 days is a long time but your perspective is exactly right!
Kiley said…
I was just catching up on your blog. I love your stories and pictures. Especially your 4th of July pictures. They make me miss Basin City. What a great place it was to grow up!
Jenks Family said…
good luck, glad its you and not me
The McGary's said…
YOU CAN DO IT!! You have a great attitude towards it.
The Ottley's said…
12 DAYS?! You'll do just fine. Think of all those little helpers! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS