1st Day of School

Monday, July 26th was the first day of 3rd grade for Cameron and Melanie got to meet her teacher. Melanie's first day of 1st grade was Tuesday. It was very exciting for them!Cameron is in a portable this year. The benefit is they won't ever change classrooms when they go back on track after they track off. But the disadvantage is obvious, a portable. He hasn't complained about it. Cameron is still working on the "look natural smile" when I take pictures.
This was Cameron's favorite new shirt. It says "This shirt is a hand-me-down". Silly kid! When I asked him how his day was after school he said "perfect". The second day it was "awesome." I have heard great things about his teacher, Mrs. Tysver. It should be a fun year for him!
Melanie was thrilled to be in school all day and quite frankly I am too!!! She knows about 1/2 the kids in her class and she was excited to get to know some new girls too. She is my social butterfly.
Ms. Pearson is Melanie's teacher this year and she is apparently known by the kids at school as "the teacher that yells." When we walked home after the first day I asked her if Ms. Pearson was nice. Melanie said "yes, she only yelled at 3 kids but they weren't doing what they were supposed to."
I have heard by parents though that she is really organized and a really great teacher. I think she will be good for Melanie.
After 2 days of walking to school and Jason riding his bike. I decided to upgrade. He was using the bike that was Cameron's first bike. It was more like a trike with 3 wheels. It even used to have a handle for an adult to push that I had taken off. The wheels are plastic and the front wheel was flat. Really flat. Like making a thumping with every turn flat. I was going to get Jason a new bike for his birthday next month and decided I wasn't going to wait. So we went to Walmart and walked out with a happy boy. This is MUCH better! And a lot easier to ride!
I love all day school!
It is still summer so the kids got their swimsuits on and jumped on the trampoline with the sprinkler on underneath after school. They went to bed very good that night!
Ignore the hideous grass. We realized before leaving to WA at the beginning of the month the sprinklers weren't turning on for whatever reason on this side of the house. There is a long "to-do" list waiting upon David's arrival home.

Comments

Enriquez Family said…
I can't believe how old Cameron looks in those school photos! Crazy! where is the time going? ONly 2 more days Kira and David will be home! I think you probably sounded great cause you were so exctited to talk to him! Miss ya!
The Ottley's said…
It makes me wonder how I'm known amongst parents and kids... :) Yay for back to school!

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS