Run 4 MICROCEPHALY!!

(Alise, Damon, Juan and Keenan)

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Rexburg, ID to support my sister and nephew, Damon in the run she had worked SO HARD to organize! It was FREEZING, but given the weather of that week, we couldn't have asked for better. There wasn't any rain or snow so I'm not complaining!!

Alise got all of the volunteers, raffles, shirts, treats for after the race, a photographer and everything else this fun run required. She compared it to a part time job! It really was that much work!! David's company made the website that made it so much easier to register online! They also made the way cool logo that is on the front of the t-shirts!!Here is David waiting for the race to start with the kids. Since it was so cold they just stuck around until the runners took off. Then they drove by me to cheer me on at about the mile mark, just as I started running up the HUGE hill!
Here is Alise and I. She is in the colorful striped beanie and I am putting on my hood to my sweatshirt. I was glad I had my ear warmers on, Burr!!! There were 60 runners that came. Really good for a first year run!
Waiting for the race to start. My cousin, Trent on my left also ran in it. He is a physical therapist in Rexburg and works with Damon every week.
And we start!!
I ran about 1/2 a mile before I stopped to walk. Alise kept going, but this under exercised woman had to rest!! The only exercise I got before this race was walking up and down my stairs. But hopefully this race gave me the jump start I needed!
Alise turned around at the big hill we had to run (not kidding it was at least 3/4 mile straight up!) and we ran the rest of the way together. Luckily the last 1/2 of the race was down hill.
The city of Rexburg set up a lot of things, including the coarse of the race. It was so much fun! I mean it. Although I was tired and SORE the next day, I really enjoyed it.

After the race was the raffle. I was so excited for this part! There were some good prizes Alise got, including 2 tickets to Lagoon. I bought 5 extra tickets in hopes to win some good raffles! Well, I walked away with 2 kids' toys. One was a boys' wood fire engine and one was a girls play cookie sheet, cookies, pot holder, play knife and spatula. The girls are loving playing with it still! I also got a coupon for a free entree to Craigo's pizza in Rexburg, 2 free laser tag games at The Craze and a Craze t-shirt. So after the race we went to Craigo's and to The Craze. The kids were in heaven with the all you can eat pizza! And what is better than pizza, dessert pizza!! YUM!!

We came home Saturday afternoon. I can't wait to go next year. I might even buy some more raffle tickets in hopes of getting that Lagoon raffle next year!!

Comments

I LOVE the pics of you and Alise running together. What an awesome memory. I am SO proud of Alise and all the hard work she put into it. She really is one amazing Mom who puts her children's needs first. She's an inspiration. Both your girls energy kill me--you must be like your Mom! :)
Scott & Ali said…
I wish I would have known about this. I love doing 5k races for a good cause. way to go girls!
That sounds like so much fun! That is so great that so many people showed for the first year. I want to run a 5k. What was your time like?

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS