Family Outing

Today Cameron's football game was cancelled because of the weather, so we decided to go to downtown Salt Lake and walk around temple square. It has been a few years since we have gone here. Sadly, the parking downtown just makes me turn off from wanting to come. I hate paying for parking. And I hate finding parking. But I was glad we went today.
There was a TON of weddings while we were there. It was fun to see all of the brides. And a good teaching moment of being married in the temple!! Can never pass up a way to slip those in!!
The kids had a fun time. We did learn one thing though, eat before you leave or bring some food! We got there at 11:30 and didn't leave until 2:30. So lunch was a little late for everyone. We passed on the movie in the Joseph Smith building. Next time!

Melanie did say she wished Jesus talked. I thought that was cute!


It really was so nice to go do something with our family. The kids all took home a few of the pass along cards with pictures on it. Cameron wanted to tape them in his journal and write about our day to remember.

Tonight while putting the kids to bed we usually sing a song. A favorite has been I Love To See The Temple, but recently it has been Families Can Be Together Forever. I just LOVE our family. Nothing sweeter than to hear little voices singing church songs. Always touches me!

Comments

What an awesome outing with your family. It's sad we don't take more of an opportunity to enjoy those things living so close by. It looks like your kids loved it!
I'm with you....I love yard work. I'll take it any day over my house too. I loved your girls helping. You're such a cute family!
smcgary said…
Your temple square excursion reminded me of President Eyring's April Conference address, Help Them on Their Way Home!! Way to build faith and testimony! I loved the part in his talk when he says the family has the advantage in the first 8 years of life. Because of the atonement, Satan can't use mists of darkness to block the path home. That's why everything you do now is important in preparing against the time when Satan will be allowed to tempt and deceive them. You are doing an AWESOME job. Keep it up! We love you.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS